Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-04-2012, 12:02 AM   #1
Tyneras

Default Aperture Science is a division of Infinity Unlimited

Proof!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7rZO2ACP3A

But seriously, "the greatest con game in the history of the multiverse" is a great description of Infinity Unlimited.

Now I can't imagine Van Zandt’s voice not being that of Cave Johnson.

On a lighthearted note, if both Infinity Unlimited and Aperture Science have equal parachronic capabilities, but came from separate Earths (IU nightmare mode: same quantum!) what would happen if they ran into each other?
Tyneras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
wellspring

Default Re: Aperture Science is a division of Infinity Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyneras View Post
Proof!

But seriously, "the greatest con game in the history of the multiverse" is a great description of Infinity Unlimited.

On a lighthearted note, if both Infinity Unlimited and Aperture Science have equal parachronic capabilities, but came from separate Earths (IU nightmare mode: same quantum!) what would happen if they ran into each other?
Why did you do this to me?! Now my image of Van Zandt is forever changed as well!

Quote:
"I'll be honest, we're throwing science at the walls here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do."
BTW, these boots here are ultra-tech versions of these stilts. I think I'll be adding a less cinematic version to my games.
wellspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
Wildcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellspring View Post
BTW, these boots here are ultra-tech versions of these stilts. I think I'll be adding a less cinematic version to my games.
If I had those stilts, I know I would end up paralyzed. And I would know this, but I would use them anyway. That is just too cool.

And I like Aperture Science as an independent player in parachronics, but with more primitive versions than Infinity or Centrum.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
Flyndaran
Untagged

Finally, an explanation for the movies, "Cube", and "Hypercube".
A wonderful way to explain bizarre nonsensical traps, experiments, etc. in out of the way worlds.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
RyanW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Finally, an explanation for the movies, "Cube", and "Hypercube".
A wonderful way to explain bizarre nonsensical traps, experiments, etc. in out of the way worlds.
A GLaDOS did it?
Old 05-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
David Johnston2

Quote:
Proof!

Well Aperture Science would be doing things like abducting people from parallel worlds to test them to destruction and dumping their waste and failed experiments. Efficient exploitation of opportunities was not their strong suit.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
Flyndaran
Untagged

For some reason, insane people doing insane things for insane reasons trips my disbelief more than sane people doing insane things for uncaring/idiot bosses not on site.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
Tyneras

Personally, I always imagined Aperture Science being the result of an insane and charismatic boss making mostly reasonable but contradictory demands to workers who can't/wont talk to each other creating an insane result. Cave Johnson didn't understand anything about science except that it was a powerful force, but he did understand people and how to motivate them.

Cave Johnson
Incompetence: Science! [-1]
Charisma 20 [100]
Tyneras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #9
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Damn, now I need to have a game with this in it... Probably for when I resume my Supers game, as it had some Infinite Worlds stuff in the background...
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #10
wellspring

Quote:
Personally, I always imagined Aperture Science being the result of an insane and charismatic boss making mostly reasonable but contradictory demands to workers who can't/wont talk to each other creating an insane result. Cave Johnson didn't understand anything about science except that it was a powerful force, but he did understand people and how to motivate them.
I've worked in business, consulting and now academia. The above describes many of the companies I've had a chance to work with. Including some very big and famous enterprises. The shell-shocked employees I've dealt with usually felt that their own company was somehow uniquely dysfunctional.

Strategy theorists call this "the behavioral theory of the firm".
wellspring is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
infinite worlds