Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2010, 12:01 AM   #9
Sunrunners_Fire

Default Re: [Powers] Leech Enhancement Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexington View Post
I think a better way would be to make a powerful Alternative Ability that has the restriction (Only With Access To Lots Of Electricity -80%).
Possible. I've been throwing Costs Fatigue as a modifier to various enhancements; which led me to Leech to recover that Fatigue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Best way is probably Compartmentalized Mind only for maintaining Leech
This still leaves the chance of failure once the target has been acquired. But, yes, Compartmentalized Mind is a good idea. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
Way. Way. Way to complicated. When I was playtesting GURPS Spaceships 7 I argued to put this in. Luckily most of the authors agreed, and I specifically had in mind Anne s Talent series. If you need to have some sort of reason why a psi can tap this engine or that; make it a perk.
Something to consider for spaceships, but they can draw on small generators as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
Did you dismiss the idea of Regeneration with an Accessibility?
Actually, yes. The amount of fatigue I've set the actual powers to cost for their boosted performance isn't doable with Regeneration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starslayer View Post
Link+20%

You can do ability- or you can do ability AND leech at the same time. It is just a special effect that the leech targets not the subject.

A similar setup would be to link healing to leech, you can transfer life from one person to another person.
Hmm. Something to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Captain View Post
Cosmic: No roll required.
Probably what I'm going to go with. I'd still like a 'sticky' enhancement, but I've no idea how to price it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
How about FP+Granted By Familiar (Small Gasoline Engine)?:p
Heh. That'd be alot of familiars to purchase, everything from a small engine all the way up to a dedicated space station's main power plant. :)
Sunrunners_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enhancements, gurps 4th edition, leech, powers