Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #41
Anaraxes

Default Re: I love America. America has made my fortune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
There's the famous case of the Tiger that escaped the San Fransisco zoo.
Do you mean this attack? Probably no crowd (just after closing time on Christmas Day), no cubs, and only one of the three was a teenager. Or is there another one you had in mind? This tiger had apparently been directly provoked (yelling, waving arms, throwing sticks and pinecones, and for some reason climbing up on the railing, from people under the influence of alcohol and marijuana). Not a great example of cold-blooded later revenge, but more disproportionate* violence in self defense.

* by human standards, of course
Anaraxes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #42
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Do you mean this attack?
That's the one.
Quote:
Probably no crowd (just after closing time on Christmas Day),
I had it from one of the SWAT guys that was there (I used to work with him in the USMCR) that there were people at the cafe. They apparently had trouble actually getting close enough to take a shot because of all the panicking civilians.
Quote:
no cubs,
I may be conflating that, sorry. I'm going off a two year old memory now.
Quote:
and only one of the three was a teenager.
Two surely. One 19 and 17 year old. The version I got was "three kids", which probably also covers an immature 23 year old from the point of view of a 30 something combat veteran, I imagine.
Quote:
Not a great example of cold-blooded later revenge, but more disproportionate* violence in self defense.
She stalked them through the park, ignoring everybody else. The attack happened at the Cafe, not the tiger enclosure.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #43
Anaraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Two surely. One 19 and 17 year old.
Hm. True. An interesting linguistic point, as "19" certainly has "teen" in the word. But I tend to think of "teenagers" as being minors, less than 18.

I'll accept second-hand reports from people that were there as to the state of the crowd. My own memory tells me it wasn't "crowded" crowded, but that's just an impression from news stories and date and time. Seems reasonable regardless that there was at least more than one choice of human, demonstrating that the tiger was at least seeking specific targets and not just anyone handy.
Anaraxes is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
code of honor, rules