Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #21
chandley

Default Re: Unofficial Ultra Tech errata thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexington View Post
My mistake, I was thinking of helical.
You are right that its bulky though. Thats basically a triple stack mag 20 cm long and 2.5 wide. Slightly wider and a bit longer than the double stack .45 cal mag I have that holds 13 shots. Its not uncomfortable in my hand, and the pistol grip it goes into is built up quite a bit, so if that where made thinner, even small hands could handle it.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #22
jeff_wilson
Computer Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if there's nobody currently handling errata duties.
It has been about 16 months since the last GURPS errata was published, and lack of response from submitted errata is in its 4th year.

The Campaigns of William Stoddard
jeff_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #23
chandley

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandley View Post
On page(s) p.136
The description for the Storm Chaingun mentions that it uses a 100 shot belt but can use the 30 shot magazine of the storm rifle. however, on p. 137, in the table the Storm Rifle uses a 12 shot magazine and the Storm Chaingun (on p.138) uses a 60 shot belt. One or the other is in error.
Given my work on the ammo weights/shot counts, Im going to say the Storm Chaingun was meant to use a 100 shot belt (it comes to 99 in my math, but that might be rounding errors), and the the 30 shot magazine for the storm rifle is in error. Change 30 shot to 18 shot.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #24
David L Pulver
AlienAbductee

[QUOTE=chandley;1365778]These are the corrected ammo weights I have, based on a PM conversation with Mr. Pulver, where he suggested I adjust # of shots rather than ammo weight so as to not impact bulk and MinST. There are places where this just isnt possible though, and I have so noted. Ammo carrier multipliers represent a 10% weight savings from TL 7 versions, except the belt, which is basically "free". Mr. Pulver mentioned a nanocomposite cloth.

This is freaking long.

[CODE]
Ammo carrier multipliers:
Light Box: 1.111
Standard Box: 1.35
Plastic Helical: 1.2
Standard Helical: 1.44
Linkless: 2.7
Belt, none, preloaded, tube, cylinder: 1

-- In VEHICLE DESIGN I'm now using 1.2 for belt-feed, 1.5 for box (1.3 at TL7+), 2 for drum (1.6 at TL8+), 1.9 for linkless feed, 1 for none, tube, etc. This is to keep it simple. I think 1.1 for light box may be excessive; where the nanotech belt is reasonable, it may be best seen as a rationalization of existing rules.

-- Note that if SJ Games wanted whole-sale errata, rather than just modifying things for your own campaign, I'd look at each weapon, compare them to ammunition in HIGH TECH (which wasn't yet written when ULTRA-TECH was being finalized) or run then through the Weapon Design spreadsheet I now have from GURPS Vehicles. I'd opt to keep number of shots to even values (e.g., 20 or 50 or 30 or 15) where possible, if necessary adjusting upward loaded WPS and ammo weights, as long as they don't get silly.

-- That said, for your own use the above changes certainly make sense and seem well thought out!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #25
Jenian

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this but I felt like contributing some.

I noticed that there is a small issue with Auto EMGL profile in Ultra Tech (1st priting) on page 142. RoF for Auto EMGL is 1.

Comparing the profile for basic EMGL which is supposed to be shotgun size singleshot grenade launcher with few extra ammo in magazine for successive shooting. Weapon profile agrees to that as well.

On the other hand Auto EMGL description reads that the Auto EMGL is a big squad support weapon that should be used on mount or carried by power armoured troop. It shoots higher velocity shots.

Now here is (part) of the profile:
Code:
TL: 10
Weapon: Auto EMGL, 40mmG
Range: 300/2000
Weight: 64/10
RoF: 1
Shots: 20(5)
ST: 14(dagger)
Bulk: -8
Rcl: 2
Range is double of the shotgun like EMGL, weight is a bit under 6 times larger, strength requirement is huge (6 steps larger) as is also the bulk (3 steps). This really is a big weapon, but how come it has only RoF 1? It does have 20 shot ammo drum but I don't think that should be the reason for 6 times weight and 3 difference in bulk.

I'd recommend changing the RoF to 3. Then it would be at least a bit faster firing and be reasonable for a squad support weapon.

Apologies if this post is in incorrect place.
Jenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #26
Langy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenian View Post
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this but I felt like contributing some.

I noticed that there is a small issue with Auto EMGL profile in Ultra Tech (1st priting) on page 142. RoF for Auto EMGL is 1.

I'd recommend changing the RoF to 3. Then it would be at least a bit faster firing and be reasonable for a squad support weapon.

Apologies if this post is in incorrect place.
That's a good point; current 40mm grenade machine guns (which this seems to be a TL10 version of) have RoF 6, so this should probably have that as well.
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
errata, ultra-tech, ultratech