Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-30-2016, 03:57 AM   #4091
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch peers out the window "Do we know her or is this a random act of kindness? I'm good either way."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"She's not going to want to kill me, is she?"
Ryuki cocks his head. "I don't think so, if she's who I think she is."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"She's the Ethereal I told you about, Ryuki. Kane and I spoke to her earlier. Since we hadn't granted her request yet, I'm not surprised she's back to talk to us some more. If nothing else, we may be able to get some information from her. Granted, I have no idea what information she may have, but it can't hurt."
Corat pulls to the side of the road where you can get a better look at her, and she at you. She walks tentatively up to the passenger window.

"Where you headed?" Corat asks instinctively. She is a hitchhiker, after all, and he's old enough to know when that was a common thing.

"Just a little ways." The words, the tone of voice, even the way she stands is utterly identical to the last time Sunae heard them.

"Hop on in," Corat invites.

She tries to get a look inside the van to see who all is there.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:31 PM   #4092
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Corat pulls to the side of the road where you can get a better look at her, and she at you. She walks tentatively up to the passenger window.

"Where you headed?" Corat asks instinctively. She is a hitchhiker, after all, and he's old enough to know when that was a common thing.

"Just a little ways." The words, the tone of voice, even the way she stands is utterly identical to the last time Sunae heard them.

"Hop on in," Corat invites.

She tries to get a look inside the van to see who all is there.
"Come on in. It's just as well you found us when you did. The person you need to talk to is here,"

She says motioning to Glen

"And the person you should talk to is here too."

Sunae motions to Ryuki

"And we are hoping you might have some information as well."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 03:38 AM   #4093
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"Come on in. It's just as well you found us when you did. The person you need to talk to is here,"

She says motioning to Glen

"And the person you should talk to is here too."

Sunae motions to Ryuki

"And we are hoping you might have some information as well."
She gets a look at Glen and shrinks back, and doesn't care for Ryuki much either. "I know who you are," she addresses Glen with open hostility. "I can talk just fine from the roadside."

Ryuki rushes to reassure her, having some experience with a bad reputation. "We won't hurt you, won't do anything. We just want to talk."

She hesitates--she's not sure whether to believe him.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:06 AM   #4094
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
She gets a look at Glen and shrinks back, and doesn't care for Ryuki much either. "I know who you are," she addresses Glen with open hostility. "I can talk just fine from the roadside."

Ryuki rushes to reassure her, having some experience with a bad reputation. "We won't hurt you, won't do anything. We just want to talk."

She hesitates--she's not sure whether to believe him.
"You have my word that I will allow no harm to come to you so long as you pose no threat to us."
Old 08-31-2016, 12:50 PM   #4095
Dalillama

Glen straightens an imaginary tie and adjusts his glasses "It's alright ma'am, we're on a mission from god."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:22 PM   #4096
Puck

Quote:
Glen straightens an imaginary tie and adjusts his glasses "It's alright ma'am, we're on a mission from god."
Mitch nods "Yes, we are." He leans over to Sunae and whispers "Remind of who this Ethereal is?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:33 AM   #4097
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Mitch nods "Yes, we are." He leans over to Sunae and whispers "Remind of who this Ethereal is?"
"The Vanishing Hitch-hiker"
Old 09-04-2016, 02:05 AM   #4098
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"You have my word that I will allow no harm to come to you so long as you pose no threat to us."
The hitchhiker nods, accepting her assurances.

Quote:
Quote:
"God" is not a reassuring word to her, and she stiffens at the sidebar, even a harmless one. She takes a step back.

Quote:
"The Vanishing Hitch-hiker"
Corat leans over from the driver's seat. "You're a messenger, and nobody with any sense harms a messenger. Hop in. We promise not to detain you a moment longer than you'd like. Not like we could stop you from stepping off."

She casts a hard look at Glen, which Ryuki intercepts. "Neither he nor I will harm nor trap you, to the best of my ability to prevent it. You are safe in here." He pushes open a back passenger door and invites her in, scooting over to provide her a seat. Primly, she accepts and the door is closed behind her.

Corat continues on the road. Ryuki breaks the ice. "I am...starstruck to meet you. You are a legend."

She says nothing, but continues to eye Glen. At the slightest move from him she'll move nearer to Sunae.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:44 AM   #4099
Dalillama

Glen spreads his hands. "Only on a contract basis, you understand. Normally I sell books. My colleague speaks for us both, of course. "
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 03:56 AM   #4100
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Glen spreads his hands. "Only on a contract basis, you understand. Normally I sell books. My colleague speaks for us both, of course. "
Quote:
She seethes a bit less, then turns her attention to Mitch (and Cameron, assuming she's along). It's a bit late to refuse to get in the van, but she still holds her message.

Tags
in nomine