Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-05-2017, 08:19 PM   #4191
Dalillama

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Glen raises an eyebrow. "Friends of yours? Maybe they'll tell us what's up here if we ask nicely." Turning to the newcomers "Please do answer when we ask nicely. Otherwise this lovely party might b e ruined.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 05:20 AM   #4192
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Ryuki feels Sunae quietly take a deep breath and exhale. He can feel different muscle tense for a moment and relax again. To the casual observer, she is merely watching and listening. But to an experienced fighter, she is preparing herself. She is warming up her muscles and gathering her energy. Her eyes travel over Vato, calculating possible strategies, his strengths and weaknesses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Glen raises an eyebrow. "Friends of yours? Maybe they'll tell us what's up here if we ask nicely." Turning to the newcomers "Please do answer when we ask nicely. Otherwise this lovely party might b e ruined.
Vato offers Glen only a sneer, and his ladies ignore him altogether. Corat is winding up for a fight, which your Oracle has noticed. She goes to Vato.

"Peace. There's no need to be bothered by him."

"I ain't bothered," he answers, though his mere presence is a provocation.

"Is this my nightmare?" Corat wonders aloud.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 02-08-2017 at 02:49 PM. Reason: leaving a door open
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:07 PM   #4193
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"Is this my nightmare?" Corat wonders aloud.
"No it isn't." Ryuki's pondering something, entertaining a theory, but watching awhile before he puts it out there, testing. "Cameron, Sunae, you ever do lucid dreaming? Do you want to riff on this place? Glen can show you how."

Vato sniffs. Surely this is about him somehow!

"They like him," Ryuki purrs, talking to Vato about the ethereals' feelings towards Corat, watching all parties to confirm or refute what he's just said. Sure enough 'the Oracle' smiles--she approves. "They only tolerate you." The smile slips into pursed lips, and Vato's two bookends cast him hard looks. He addresses 'the Oracle' next.

"He's an odd choice to bring in to this dream," he says of Vato. "One angel who tried to save you, and you bring in the one demon who tried to destroy him."

Corat is aghast. "How...do you know about that?"

I'm a spy, you doofus, he thought, but managed not to say it. Instead, in his bassest voice, he quietly sings, "I've got friends in low places."

The ethereals have a laugh. Vato's laugh is fake--Ryuki has made a new enemy. The Oracle has a poker face; now she is the one watching and forming theories.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:25 PM   #4194
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"No it isn't." Ryuki's pondering something, entertaining a theory, but watching awhile before he puts it out there, testing. "Cameron, Sunae, you ever do lucid dreaming? Do you want to riff on this place? Glen can show you how."
Sunae gives Ryuki a look that tells him stop being stupid

"Ryuki...It was one of the first things I learned to do in my training. Afterall, my Lady does dwells in the Marches."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:01 AM   #4195
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Sunae gives Ryuki a look that tells him stop being stupid

"Ryuki...It was one of the first things I learned to do in my training. Afterall, my Lady does dwells in the Marches."
"Then do it. Shake this place up a bit."

The Oracle looks nervous but does not try to stop you.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:45 AM   #4196
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"Then do it. Shake this place up a bit."

The Oracle looks nervous but does not try to stop you.
Sunae looks at him in surprise and confusion.

"We are on a hunt and I don't want to expend my energy if I don't have to."

She looks at the Oracle

"Why have you brought us here?"

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 02-18-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:49 AM   #4197
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Sunae looks at him in surprise and confusion.

"We are on a hunt and I don't want to expend my energy if I don't have to."

She looks at the Oracle

"Why have you brought us here?"
She looks exasperated, then condescending, then back to maternal. "I wanted to show you the good us dreams can do. I brought you here with your enemy and look, you're standing here peacefully. You could--potentially--come to an understanding."

Corat cuts her off. "No we couldn't. His goal is to destroy me. He doesn't have any issues with me, 'it's not personal', so there's nothing to talk about. I want to live, he wants me dead, I want to stay alive ergo I want him dead--or at least out of the way."

The fauns do not like this one bit. Vato sniffs, feigning indifference. The Oracle shoots him a dirty look. "Yes, but that is your grudge. If you were willing to make peace, we are more than willing to broker it. Here, on neutral ground."

Now she's provoked Ryuki, but that was going to happen eventually. "Neutral, huh? Can't even have a damned dream without the angel wars intruding, if you get your way."

"Yes you can! There are dreamers in their own dreams, unaffected by where we are. You can dream in your very own little world if you so choose; you've simply chosen to be here with all of us."

He leans back and crosses his arms--Ryuki doesn't like this, but he's still formulating why.

"We can bring peace to angels and demons, to the oldest war there is, we simply need to be able to go to the earth from time to time to work there. Is that not something you want?"
Old 02-25-2017, 10:06 PM   #4198
Puck

Quote:
She looks exasperated, then condescending, then back to maternal. "I wanted to show you the good us dreams can do. I brought you here with your enemy and look, you're standing here peacefully. You could--potentially--come to an understanding."

Corat cuts her off. "No we couldn't. His goal is to destroy me. He doesn't have any issues with me, 'it's not personal', so there's nothing to talk about. I want to live, he wants me dead, I want to stay alive ergo I want him dead--or at least out of the way."

The fauns do not like this one bit. Vato sniffs, feigning indifference. The Oracle shoots him a dirty look. "Yes, but that is your grudge. If you were willing to make peace, we are more than willing to broker it. Here, on neutral ground."

Now she's provoked Ryuki, but that was going to happen eventually. "Neutral, huh? Can't even have a damned dream without the angel wars intruding, if you get your way."

"Yes you can! There are dreamers in their own dreams, unaffected by where we are. You can dream in your very own little world if you so choose; you've simply chosen to be here with all of us."

He leans back and crosses his arms--Ryuki doesn't like this, but he's still formulating why.

"We can bring peace to angels and demons, to the oldest war there is, we simply need to be able to go to the earth from time to time to work there. Is that not something you want?"
Mitch curls his tail around his body, flicking the feathered end of it around his face like a small fan brushing flies away. "My lord, as I'm sure you know is perhaps more open to speaking with you and your kindred then others of Heaven. I bear little to no grudge against your kind and do not mind if you wish to travel to Earth now and then. How do you believe that Ethereals can bring an end to the war between Heaven and Hell?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:21 PM   #4199
ladyarcana55

"No. There is too much that doesn't sit well with me. You obviously know a lot about us. You know about the conflict between these two <motioning to Corat and Vato>. You knew that bringing us here would inhibit some of the sorcerers' abilities. So we know you have the influence to gather what information you wanted, including where we are going and what we are trying to do. You are the only one that has full control here over what we see and experience, so really, we are at your mercy. You don't even appear to be old enough to have the proper understanding of our War to effectively broker any kind of peace, but I can forgive that. But that is the only thing I can overlook. So I ask you, who are you and why are we here? I want the truth."

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 03-01-2017 at 03:57 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:23 AM   #4200
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"No. There is too much that doesn't sit well with me. You obviously know a lot about us. You know about the conflict between these two <motioning to Corat and Vato>. You knew that bringing us here would inhibit some of the sorcerers' abilities. So we know you have the influence to gather what information you wanted, including where we are going and what we are trying to do. You are the only one that has full control here over what we see and experience, so really, we are at your mercy. You don't even appear to be old enough to have the proper understanding of our War to effectively broker any kind of peace, but I can forgive that. But that is the only thing I can overlook. So I ask you, who are you and why are we here? I want the truth."
"Truth." The Oracle paces for just a moment, acknowledging the shiny seraph, the passionate lady, and their friends. "You are at our mercy?" she says towards Vato and his two faun bookends, one of whom flashes a 'who me?' look back at her for just a second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch curls his tail around his body, flicking the feathered end of it around his face like a small fan brushing flies away. "My lord, as I'm sure you know is perhaps more open to speaking with you and your kindred then others of Heaven. I bear little to no grudge against your kind and do not mind if you wish to travel to Earth now and then. How do you believe that Ethereals can bring an end to the war between Heaven and Hell?"
Finding a more receptive audience here, she addresses Mitch. "To start with, we have neutral ground here, like I said. Maybe you two," Corat and Vato, "have nothing to say to each other, but you're not coming to blows because I forbid it. Should you leave here and decide to take up your fight in the waking world, me and my brethren could forbid it there as well. "

Ryuki grunts disapproval, and she impatiently waits for it to pass.

"Should we be allowed on the Earth without the constant threat of Uriel's blades hanging over our heads, we could act as mediators and, for the more hotheaded, police between your kind. We could keep your war cold, as it was intended, at minimum, and try for peace. Once blood is shed, peace is hard to come by." She smiles serenely at Sunae. "We have the means to learn many things."

Ryuki has finally figured out the flaw in the plan. He clears his throat dramatically and says simply "Zeus" and drops an imaginary microphone. Maybe he lacks the skill to make a mic appear, or maybe he simply didn't bother.

Vato finds this funny. The Oracle is not amused. "There would be rules, of course. Demi-gods serve no-one's purposes anymore."

You're missing the point, Ryuki thinks, hoping the dream and his face put this across. "Zeus. Hades. Poseidon. Vladimir of Kiev. Odin. Castor and Pollux. Need I go on? Does a girl have to get pregnant for you to care?"

The Oracle is tense, and Vato is enjoying her tension. "These are details we would have to work out, rules. What is allowed and what is not, and part of the reason no doubt that your side sent an ordinary mortal," she indicates Cameron, "to these proceedings is to learn what rules would be necessary. Not, of course, because they were unwilling to send any high-ranking saints or anything. And need I remind you, and you," Glen, "that we have never put a bounty on your heads..."

Ryuki scoffs loudly.

"...for simply being who you are."

"No, you make deals. You string the poor suckers along until you've bled them dry of favors and money and..." Weird, his reaction here is strong enough to create a thought-bubble in the air behind him. He's talking about Gavin Russo.

((http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/tHEhERE...ov0907edit.htm About 2/3 of the way down, my sincere apologies for the pop-up ads but I haven't been able to figure out where to migrate all this. And follow-up that your PCs might only have heard about through celestial gossip, if that))

In Ryuki's thought-bubble you see Gavin in his 30's, hale and healthy and married to a lovely wife, throwing some really swinging occult parties at a nice suburban house. She pushes him out of the house into a dingy apartment where he sets up an altar, becomes an outcast, a drunk, a sniveling starving thing in front of a Mardi Gras altar, and finally a headless corpse. Ryuki's mind is both quick and lurid when his emotions are engaged.

He breathes away his tension, waves his fingers in the dissipating thought bubble as though he was simply putting it away, and continues in words. "On the worst of days angels just whack you. They don't toy with you like cats."

Vato shifts his weight between his feet, but The Oracle is less bothered. "How very personal. I wonder how personal it was for the museum docent at Pohang, when an actual shooting war broke out there not so long ago."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 03-02-2017 at 06:29 AM. Reason: typo
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine