Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-15-2017, 02:47 AM   #4181
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch simply can't help himself, "No, it is not the 24th, it's the 22nd according to the local calendar. Don't tease the poor man." He turns to the hapless looking fellow "Did you say this is your dream?" He looks around, "You seem to have a fine imagination."
The man puffs up a little, and the girls around him draw in affectionately closer, but Mitch has his attention. "Yes, I think it is. I mean, I don't usually dream about guys with octopus legs..." he indicates Corat who is human above the waist and something between an octopus and a tornado below. Corat does not seem the least bit self-conscious about this, though looks might be deceiving. Right now he's commiserating with Ryuki's frustration at seraphim being seraphim.

Ryuki:"I don't think this dream is yours alone. I'm no expert, but I think if I were having a paradise fantasy it would not involve strange dudes."

Glen: "Of course it's not his, leave the man alone. No human built this dreamscape, and certainly not this one."

Sunae: "Yes, leave him be. He's doing no harm."
Old 01-16-2017, 05:52 AM   #4182
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
The man puffs up a little, and the girls around him draw in affectionately closer, but Mitch has his attention. "Yes, I think it is. I mean, I don't usually dream about guys with octopus legs..." he indicates Corat who is human above the waist and something between an octopus and a tornado below. Corat does not seem the least bit self-conscious about this, though looks might be deceiving. Right now he's commiserating with Ryuki's frustration at seraphim being seraphim.

Ryuki:"I don't think this dream is yours alone. I'm no expert, but I think if I were having a paradise fantasy it would not involve strange dudes."

Glen: "Of course it's not his, leave the man alone. No human built this dreamscape, and certainly not this one."

Sunae: "Yes, leave him be. He's doing no harm."
Ryuki clearly does not want this man here, but at this point he's unwilling to contradict Mitch who might know a thing or two about negotiation. "It is lovely, I'll give you that, but you're not the only one building this thing. These creatures," he nudges the lady humanoids gently but firmly away from himself, "are using our energy for its upkeep. Stay a little longer and you'll wake up tired. Stay too long and you'll wake up super tired and having the single unluckiest day of your life. I know that one from experience." He looks to the man's companion with something like hatred, and she draws away ever so slightly.

It would be so much simpler with Michael here. Did someone say that or just think it? Corat's lips didn't move but it had a sense of him about it. "Where is our guide? We have a lot of questions for her."

Over here. It's the guide's voice, also over a sort of mental radio. It seems to be coming from the area with the swordplay.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:32 AM   #4183
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Ryuki clearly does not want this man here, but at this point he's unwilling to contradict Mitch who might know a thing or two about negotiation. "It is lovely, I'll give you that, but you're not the only one building this thing. These creatures," he nudges the lady humanoids gently but firmly away from himself, "are using our energy for its upkeep. Stay a little longer and you'll wake up tired. Stay too long and you'll wake up super tired and having the single unluckiest day of your life. I know that one from experience." He looks to the man's companion with something like hatred, and she draws away ever so slightly.
Sunae pats Ryuki's arm and gives him a look that says Calm. Don't let yourself get worked up.

Quote:
It would be so much simpler with Michael here. Did someone say that or just think it? Corat's lips didn't move but it had a sense of him about it. "Where is our guide? We have a lot of questions for her."

Over here. It's the guide's voice, also over a sort of mental radio. It seems to be coming from the area with the swordplay.
Sunae looks over. A small smile just barely touches her lips and her eyes shine slightly. As eager as she is, she won't undercut Ryuki's perceived authority. She looks at him and waits for him to move towards the sound.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 05:06 AM   #4184
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae pats Ryuki's arm and gives him a look that says Calm. Don't let yourself get worked up.

Sunae looks over. A small smile just barely touches her lips and her eyes shine slightly. As eager as she is, she won't undercut Ryuki's perceived authority. She looks at him and waits for him to move towards the sound.
He meets her gaze warmly, drawing strength from her confidence. "No, Corey, we don't need her to tell us anything yet. The message is right here. " He moves towards the dreamer and extends a hand. "Ryuki, " he introduces himself simply.

"Eric, " the man replies as Ryuki had hoped.

"This whole tableau is the message. Eric's presence here is part of the message. The dojo over there is a clear message : enjoy, don't think. " He looks to the sky. "You misjudged me, and us. We are not so easily won over. "

The guide, to his disappointment, says nothing, but a rustling in the leaves says you are soon to have more company.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:25 PM   #4185
ladyarcana55

Quote:
He meets her gaze warmly, drawing strength from her confidence. "No, Corey, we don't need her to tell us anything yet. The message is right here. " He moves towards the dreamer and extends a hand. "Ryuki, " he introduces himself simply.

"Eric, " the man replies as Ryuki had hoped.

"This whole tableau is the message. Eric's presence here is part of the message. The dojo over there is a clear message : enjoy, don't think. " He looks to the sky. "You misjudged me, and us. We are not so easily won over. "

The guide, to his disappointment, says nothing, but a rustling in the leaves says you are soon to have more company.
Sunae does not introduce herself, she lets Ryuki introduce her if he feels it is necessary. As he talks, Sunae looks around silently.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:31 AM   #4186
Dalillama

"Well, it's a nice place for a break. Scenery's pleasant. Shame about the refreshments." Glen leans against whatever's convenient to people(and thing)watch.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:04 AM   #4187
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"Well, it's a nice place for a break. Scenery's pleasant. Shame about the refreshments." Glen leans against whatever's convenient to people(and thing)watch.
Fat lot of help you are , he thinks not-quite out loud. Still, he's played the wallflower himself when the occasion called for it, so his cocked eyebrow was half for show. He neglected to introduce Sunae since introducing himself was a naked manipulation to get the guy's name. Let them react to his Arrogant Jerk persona, to see who they were underneath.

This works well enough in a subtle situation, but what walked in was miles from subtle. He was the very picture of a Latino gangster circa 1920, and in fact Mitch would recognize him as the demon Vato, boss of the late unlamented Pepito. Two lady humanoids walk up to him and he receives them as his due, directing their hands where he finds them photogenic with the slightest shrug of his zoot-suited shoulders.

(Saving to add more after I land )

---edit--- Link where Vato showed up. Excellent memory Puck! http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/tHEhERE...ercideedit.htm

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 01-27-2017 at 02:10 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 12:07 AM   #4188
Puck

Quote:
Fat lot of help you are , he thinks not-quite out loud. Still, he's played the wallflower himself when the occasion called for it, so his cocked eyebrow was half for show. He neglected to introduce Sunae since introducing himself was a naked manipulation to get the guy's name. Let them react to his Arrogant Jerk persona, to see who they were underneath.

This works well enough in a subtle situation, but what walked in was miles from subtle. He was the very picture of a Latino gangster circa 1920, and in fact Mitch would recognize him as the demon Vato, boss of the late unlamented Pepito. Two lady humanoids walk up to him and he receives them as his due, directing their hands where he finds them photogenic with the slightest shrug of his zoot-suited shoulders.

(Saving to add more after I land )
Mitch's eyebrows shoot up at the sight of the demon. "This is an interesting twist." He walks over to Corat and says quietly "Remember Vato? Or perhaps his servant Pepito?" He eyes Vato, waiting for him to speak.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:57 AM   #4189
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch's eyebrows shoot up at the sight of the demon. "This is an interesting twist." He walks over to Corat and says quietly "Remember Vato? Or perhaps his servant Pepito?" He eyes Vato, waiting for him to speak.
Corat hasn't hit angry quite yet, but he's past irritated. "Yes, I remember you. You tried to destroy me. You failed."

Vato barely shrugs. "Just business."

That makes Corat angry, but he slides it under a cold exterior. "What 'business' would prompt you to...oh yeah. You're a demon. Destroying angels and everyone around them is your business."

Vato seems utterly unruffled. "It's war. You'd do the same; don't lie."

Ryuki slips a hand behind Sunae's back, not quite pushing her forward into a fight. Here his sense of the demon's size was completely blunted, and it was only Vato's behavior that told him he was a demon at all. Still, he'd like to see the guy brought low a couple of pegs for attacking a friend, and he figured all but possibly Cameron could be roped in to that effort.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 01-31-2017 at 02:01 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:15 AM   #4190
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Corat hasn't hit angry quite yet, but he's past irritated. "Yes, I remember you. You tried to destroy me. You failed."

Vato barely shrugs. "Just business."

That makes Corat angry, but he slides it under a cold exterior. "What 'business' would prompt you to...oh yeah. You're a demon. Destroying angels and everyone around them is your business."

Vato seems utterly unruffled. "It's war. You'd do the same; don't lie."

Ryuki slips a hand behind Sunae's back, not quite pushing her forward into a fight. Here his sense of the demon's size was completely blunted, and it was only Vato's behavior that told him he was a demon at all. Still, he'd like to see the guy brought low a couple of pegs for attacking a friend, and he figured all but possibly Cameron could be roped in to that effort.
Ryuki feels Sunae quietly take a deep breath and exhale. He can feel different muscle tense for a moment and relax again. To the casual observer, she is merely watching and listening. But to an experienced fighter, she is preparing herself. She is warming up her muscles and gathering her energy. Her eyes travel over Vato, calculating possible strategies, his strengths and weaknesses.

Tags
in nomine