Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 11-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #411
Molloy

Default Re: Member House Rules

I'll be playing with a group where I used to live, and as we rarely see each other all together anymore I imagine it'll be an all-decks in, epic monster of a game. I'm just planning ideas ahead of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordArach View Post
You don't have the Ultra Munchkin or 1/3 Breed cards then?
I do, as well as Master/Dark/High. They all exacerbate the problem in some ways. Having a vampire master cleric with a british accent, a different loyalty, a fighting style and tons of powers a) makes remembering what epic abilities you/others have that can be used difficult, b) slows everything down & c) can lead to imbalance.

I'd like to leave 1/3 breed, high, etc. in for fun, but I think it'll need to be tempered with some kind of limits. What I'm not sure of is this: Should we reclassify everything as a class or a race for the purpose of 1/2 breeds etc., or just have a limit on these types of cards. I think calling accents & loyalties races, while fighting styles might be classes could work, but I'm unsure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brugist View Post
When we play to epic, you can only get levels from one monster per combat. So even if you get overpowered enough to beat the Sparkly Good Fairy, plus Great Cthulhu, plus Cowthulhu, etc, you'd only get the 2 levels off one of the cards. That way, no one can get 6-7 levels in one go. (Or if you fought a monster who rewarded one level and one who rewarded two, you would choose the two levels of course). You can play as many GUALS and such as you have, but we find this makes the games a lot fairer.
This is an interesting idea. I might amend it to something like "You can gain a maximum of 2 levels from kills in any one combat".
Molloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #412
MyMoniker

We just made a new house rule for "there can only be one and it is me" (I think that is the name of the card) If you have this card and you may play it and force everyone else who is the race that you are to discard their race. We like our Munchkin cards as evil as possible.
MyMoniker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #413
Authraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMoniker View Post
We just made a new house rule for "there can only be one and it is me" (I think that is the name of the card) If you have this card and you may play it and force everyone else who is the race that you are to discard their race. We like our Munchkin cards as evil as possible.
That's a good idea. We have always wished that that was the way it was written, because as-is it seems like a fairly weak card with limited uses. But if it could force others to discard their races/classes, it becomes much more useful!
Authraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:57 AM   #414
Give Me Goals <3 Munchkin

I love getting Ganked by a friendship potion
Give Me Goals <3 Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #415
pherlondeiel

my idea is a variant on blending the munchkin games together.
Instead of a) having each game in a separate deck and you choose which to draw from or b) shuffling 50000+ cards together, assign each deck to a number and roll a die. It doesn't matter what number corresponds to which game.
example using a d12. (if for example you only have 3 or 4decks you can use a d4.
1. fantasy
2. bites
3. impossible
4. wild west
5. super
6. star
7. Fu
8. Cthulhu
9. Booty
10. Zombies
11. Bender
12. you choose

there's a few different options from here for card draw:
1a. you roll the die at the beginning of your turn and that's the deck you draw from for that turn.
1b. separate die roll for door and treasure decks, (you draw all door cards from deck X and all treasure cards from deck y)
2a. roll die for each time you have to draw a card.... (eg when drawing 5 treasure cards, roll die 5 times)
2b. roll die, starting with that deck, draw clockwise/counter clockwise until all cards have been drawn.

This is just a random idea I had, and there's probably many different options to work with.
pherlondeiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:00 AM   #416
Pikkulahti

We follow the card text even if it's outdated for example if you are wizard from the earlier prints you can discard just one card as the whole hand to charm a monster. That allows more variety in races and classes. We are soon moving to newest prints so this will soon end.

Also sometimes we use rule that you can have unlimited amounts of cards in your hands if you dont get caught. So one can hide the cards. But if someone asks the card amount at the end of one's turn he/she has to tell truth and discard all additionals. Record is +30 cards. (The lowest level player was quite happy after that charity) The phrase "If someone asks my card amount i'll hit him with a curse" is very familiar.
Pikkulahti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:22 PM   #417
cree128

A VERY MUNCHKIN CHRISTMAS
In which ALL christmas cards go into the deck from Thanksgiving until Jan 6th
Old 12-19-2011, 01:54 AM   #418
emillang1000

Another thread brought up the possibility of Annihilation being used on the Munchkinomicon.

While it is very Munchkinly to get rid of the Ultimate Evil that is the book, and while we know it CAN, in fact, be brought back from outside the game via a "Summon the Book" spell, the problem comes about when no-one has a "Summon the Book" spell or any way to draw that card.

The Munchkinomicon's supposed to be impossible to totally kill off, but obviously the above situation means this isn't true. Therefore, I suggest this House Rule for anyone using the Munchkinomicon:

IT'S BAA~AACK!

If, for whatever reason, the Munchkinomicon is removed from the game, it will return to the game on the top of the Treasure Deck after 13 turns have passed, or 13 cards have been played, whichever comes first.
emillang1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:08 PM   #419
TheBiff

@Pikkulahti
Quote:
If someone asks my card amount i'll hit him with a curse
Thank you for sharing that with us lol.
TheBiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #420
andrewcornett

So far the only house rule we have is with Wondering Monster.

1. A person playing wondering monster must do so with a monster per normal rules.

2. However once wondering monster has been played any and all monsters from all players hands may be added to the fight if so desired.
andrewcornett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combining different, doors, dummy hand, epic, extras, funny, gambling, gameplay, house rules, multi-deck, munchkin, munchkin zombies, new way to play, rules, rules variant, team, teams, two player, zombie dice