Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 12-13-2012, 06:09 AM   #1
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Requests for Official Answers to Rule Questions - READ THE FIRST POST

This thread is for people to request official answers to rule questions.

Read the following ground rules and follow them. We will ignore and quite possibly delete your post if you don't.

1) This is not for NEW questions. This is for questions you have previously asked that have not been answered to your satisfaction by MunchkinMan or me.

2) If it's been less than a week, don't post here.

3) Don't restate the whole discussion and argument; post the specific question and LINK to the post where you give all the gory details. The format for links is {URL=http://whatever.it.is}Text of question.{/URL}, except you use square brackets instead of curly ones. You can link to a specific post by clicking the post number in the top right corner of the message pane, which opens it in a new window or tab.

4) Only the person who originally asked the question should link to the question, unless it's really stale and no one else seems to be bringing it back up. But check this thread to make sure before posting!

5) NO DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD. Not even restating the argument. Links to questions only.

6) From time to time (not regularly and probably not frequently), one or another of us will look through here and answer one or more of the questions. Understand that posting the link here just gives us a quick way to find the question again; it does not guarantee a timely response, nor does it obligate us to answer them in any specific order. Questions that deal with weird mashup situations, Epic rules, or non-SJ Games sets are especially likely to take extra time, as they require more research and more thought.

7) When we have looked at the post and answered it, or if we look at it and think the answers already posted are sufficient, we'll delete the post so this thread stays fresh and the only things in it are things we haven't dealt with yet. If you disagree with our answer, the place to argue it is in the original thread, not here.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 01-11-2019 at 05:59 PM.
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:47 AM   #2
Nobunga

Default Pain & Panic Combo

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread...unchkin+Disney
Nobunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 05:48 AM   #3
emigio

Default Re: Requests for Official Answers to Rule Questions - READ THE FIRST POST

A reply to this thread
emigio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 09:26 PM   #4
foxi

Default Re: Requests for Official Answers to Rule Questions - READ THE FIRST POST

Toe Shoes card, what does the first time mean?
foxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 06:54 PM   #5
Munchkin_Mac

Default Re: Requests for Official Answers to Rule Questions - Help Me Out Here

In a recent game of Munchkin Deluxe played by myself, my wife, and our 2 kids there was an argument (go figure...lol) over a card that my wife played that was subsequently followed up by one played to counter it by one of the kiddos. We were all at level 9, so whomever beat a monster would win the game. The card played by my wife is called, "Help Me Out Here!" The description on it says: "Play this card while you are in combat. Take one item away from any other player. At the moment you take it, that item must make the difference between your winning and losing that combat. You may discard something of your own before taking the item if you wish." With the item she took she was of course beating the monster. After she had the item and was getting ready to win our son played "Ancient +10 To Monster." The description on this card says "Play during combat. If the monster is defeated, draw two extra Treasures." The debate between us is whether or not the monster enhancer can be played after my wife used the "Help Me Out Here!" card since it does say that the item must make the difference between winning and losing combat. Thanks in advance!
Munchkin_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 04:34 AM   #6
crossfreak296

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=187827

If I am in the Lamb Relics dungeon, and someone plays the Dream Portal, does the Dream Portal effect affect me?
crossfreak296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 08:02 PM   #7
Protector

Munchkin Zombies: "No Brain, No Pain"
English is weird. Wording Question.

https://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=193512
Protector is offline   Reply With Quote