Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 09-22-2017, 02:27 PM   #1
A Ladder

Default Carboard Hero Bases

When I backed the kickstarter I didn't realize how important the bases for the cardboard heroes would become. Will more plastic bases be available for purchase at a later date?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Gotta be fast to escape the propaganda machine of Viking swiftness
A Ladder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:53 AM   #2
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Carboard Hero Bases

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Ladder View Post
Will more plastic bases be available for purchase at a later date?
There will be packs of bases available on Warehouse 23 -- http://www.warehouse23.com/ -- in the next month or two. We overran the sets of black and rainbow bases to offer for sale.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:59 AM   #3
Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
There will be packs of bases available on Warehouse 23 -- http://www.warehouse23.com/ -- in the next month or two. We overran the sets of black and rainbow bases to offer for sale.
I cannot say enough how happy I am with the whole KS process. From the quality of the product being beyond my expectations and to the game getting to me before I expected, I just cannot be happier. I was kind of burned out on KS after having books not show up (KoDT), very very late (DCC 4th Printing), to still "coming". I have actually backed more SJ Games KS because of the success of this one.
Ulairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:27 AM   #4
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
I cannot say enough how happy I am with the whole KS process. From the quality of the product being beyond my expectations and to the game getting to me before I expected, I just cannot be happier. I was kind of burned out on KS after having books not show up (KoDT), very very late (DCC 4th Printing), to still "coming". I have actually backed more SJ Games KS because of the success of this one.
Thanks. I am sorry we were so late in delivering this, but we tried to communicate issues and keep everyone updated as we worked through the project.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:05 AM   #5
Bruno

Quote:
Thanks. I am sorry we were so late in delivering this, but we tried to communicate issues and keep everyone updated as we worked through the project.
You did excellent work with the communications aspect, which is where Kickstarter projects that fall down really fall down.

I've had a few come in years late (one is currently still struggling along), but they did eventually drag in and constantly interacting with the backers, appraising us of hangups the minute they happened, and that sort of thing made the wait quite tolerable. For really late projects, providing e.g. beta material or using the backers as playtesters to give us something to see, read, and play with was really good, but SJG has never got to this point of delay. The GenCon PDF delivery served a similar role, however, and was really nice!

Y'all also never had delays that were pretty silly on your part; I've had one RPG I backed end up very very late because the author just couldn't stop rewriting bits of it. I sympathize as an artist and programmer, but you got to declare a commercial product done eventually.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:25 PM   #6
Refplace

Quote:
Almost every KS I have backed was late but this one was pretty good and like Bruno said your communication and the early release of the PDFs made this short delay (Was May or August the original date?) palatable.
And as expected the quality is superb. Its a lot easier to wait when your not worried about a quality issue. I backed the new Conspiracy game on the strength of SJG prior work.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:26 PM   #7
rknop

Yeah, you did right by everybody with the Kickstarter.

Plus, people who backed at a high level got lots of toys fast. (The GURPS DF line, for instance.)

And once it arrived, it looks very nice!

I'm just sorry that the project ended up being something that had to be reported as a drag on resources in the Stakeholder report.

As noted, Kickstarter projects are routinely late. I did back one, though, that seems to be substantially ahead of its predicted delivery date. ("The Big Book of RPG Maps")
rknop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:01 PM   #8
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknop View Post
Yeah, you did right by everybody with the Kickstarter.

Plus, people who backed at a high level got lots of toys fast. (The GURPS DF line, for instance.)

And once it arrived, it looks very nice!

I'm just sorry that the project ended up being something that had to be reported as a drag on resources in the Stakeholder report.

As noted, Kickstarter projects are routinely late. I did back one, though, that seems to be substantially ahead of its predicted delivery date. ("The Big Book of RPG Maps")
Ive backed one physical kickstarter that delivered on time. I'll be very surprised if any of the others I back ever do.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:39 PM   #9
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
Ive backed one physical kickstarter that delivered on time. I'll be very surprised if any of the others I back ever do.
I've never had a backed Kickstarter deliver on time.

I have had an "open"* Backerkit from a Kickstarter deliver on time, though I hadn't actually backed that project. I just wanted one of the add-ons.

* The Kickstarter opened their backerkit for everyone to get involved with after the Kickstarter funded.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bases