Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Traveller

Old 01-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
tonester98

Default Traveller AR I-device game released to beta

If youve been waiting for years for Traveller to make it to a computer game, the wait is over (assuming you own some form of i-device). We released the early beta version to the app store last week. If you alway wanted to see what a scout courier looked like flying through space, or a Azhanti Cruiser firing at you in real time, come check us out. And yes, its only for i-Device (pod/pad/phone) right now. Why? because we are iPhone company but we are looking at other platforms once we get out of beta. And working on a possible web/facebook version. But till there, heres the trailer and the appstore link. Check it out, lets us know what you think. Its a rare chance to shape the game before its out in final form. Thanks alot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywx8Uew6ZLg

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/trave...463521846?mt=8

Full disclosure, i work for Ingz,Inc., the makers of www.traveller-ar.com
tonester98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
Voidstar

Default Re: Traveller AR I-device game released to beta

Really looks nice... Great job guys!
Old 01-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
sn0wball

Augmented Reality ? In what way does this game augment reality ? And which reality ? I always thought AR meant that the real reality is augmented with additional information.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
Amra

I bought the beta to mess around with but I have no idea what I'm doing. That's not a slam, I haven't had time to figure it out yet and it's not "plug and play".

Navigation seems to be "difficult" at best. I'm wondering if the AR thing is the way to go, sometimes letting go of a "darling" idea is hard but still the best decision. There's also crashing (app crashing, not ships crashing) issues.

I'm hoping this game develops into something, the idea's definitely got potential. I look forward to the updates and finding the time to figure out how to actually play it.
Amra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
runnlyn

here is some more info about it http://www.dotmmo.com/traveller-ar-7794.html
runnlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:27 PM   #6
Anaraxes

Let me know when it comes out for Android and I'll take another look.

Quote:
I always thought AR meant that the real reality is augmented with additional information.
True. But Apple provides an AR package that lets you render on top of a background from the camera and just calls that AR. They're assuming you are rendering relevant information, but of course the graphics hardware and software don't care what you're drawing.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:41 PM   #7
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0wball View Post
Augmented Reality ? In what way does this game augment reality ? And which reality ? I always thought AR meant that the real reality is augmented with additional information.
I asked that the last time they posted about it here, I never got an answer. Maybe you have to be physically near somebody to interact with them in game or earth cities map to Imperial sectors or something.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipad, iphone, ipod, traveller ar