Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 05-17-2013, 04:57 AM   #291
tmedwards

Default Re: Updated / New Character Sheets

There's no normal reason that I can think of why a brand new character would fail to display unarmed attacks properly (either the base ones or HtH-skill versions). Do they show up in the basic character sheet ("charactersheet.gcs")? And/or do you see those traits in the Attributes tab's Table View?

You say that you reinstalled GCA. It's possible that something failed to install properly, that does happen from time to time, unfortunately. So, you might need to try again to see if that fixes your problem.
The latest program update is 4.0.423 (I think the current e23 installer is up to date, not 100% sure though).
The latest data update is 03APR2013, and is newer than the latest program update, so you should apply that as well after getting GCA 4.0.423 installed.
If nothing else, you could always ZIP up a character that's exhibiting the problem and e-mail it to me so that I can take a look at it.

GCA4 resources: GCA Repository, Phoenix (r66), GMCS (2.17), Bookish (r12)
tmedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:35 AM   #292
gudmo

I reinstalled the latest data files and that fixed the problem... My basic set data file was probably broken. thx

Last edited by gudmo; 05-17-2013 at 06:10 AM.
gudmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #293
Ragabash Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmedwards View Post
There's no normal reason that I can think of why a brand new character would fail to display unarmed attacks properly (either the base ones or HtH-skill versions). Do they show up in the basic character sheet ("charactersheet.gcs")? And/or do you see those traits in the Attributes tab's Table View?

You say that you reinstalled GCA. It's possible that something failed to install properly, that does happen from time to time, unfortunately. So, you might need to try again to see if that fixes your problem.
The latest program update is 4.0.423 (I think the current e23 installer is up to date, not 100% sure though).
The latest data update is 03APR2013, and is newer than the latest program update, so you should apply that as well after getting GCA 4.0.423 installed.
If nothing else, you could always ZIP up a character that's exhibiting the problem and e-mail it to me so that I can take a look at it.
OH awesome I didn't know the data sets were updated!! :)

Cleopatra: Whenever she assigned me to the switch, was that Voice, or was Raina influencing her thinking? Because, I mean, if it was Raina, she got inside my head and decided that I would screw it up.
Ragabash Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #294
tmedwards

Announcing Phoenix r61 (requires GCA 4.0.423 or later). [ Download: http://www.motoslave.net/thom/gca/phoenix/ ]

Phoenix r61 highlights:
  • Added the ability to optionally force one of several blocks to print at the top of either column on page two; choices are: Point Summary, Description, Size and Speed/Range Table, Hit Location Table (default: none). If the sheet finishes before page two, any selected blocks will print after the last normally positioned block printed instead.
  • Normalized various page sizes. Changes include:
    • Page 2+ headers and all footers have shrunk.
    • The default padding space has shrunk.
    • All inter-block/-column gutters have grown.
  • Various tweaks and adjustments.
I've been sitting on this for over a month, it's time to set it free.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #295
Ragabash Moon

Quote:
Announcing Phoenix r61 (requires GCA 4.0.423 or later). [ Download: http://www.motoslave.net/thom/gca/phoenix/ ]

Phoenix r61 highlights:
  • Added the ability to optionally force one of several blocks to print at the top of either column on page two; choices are: Point Summary, Description, Size and Speed/Range Table, Hit Location Table (default: none). If the sheet finishes before page two, any selected blocks will print after the last normally positioned block printed instead.
  • Normalized various page sizes. Changes include:
    • Page 2+ headers and all footers have shrunk.
    • The default padding space has shrunk.
    • All inter-block/-column gutters have grown.
I've been sitting on this for over a month, it's time to set it free.
Ok, just a note, it SAYS r59 still as the version... Did you just forget to change the version # in the file, or did you upload the wrong one?

Cleopatra: Whenever she assigned me to the switch, was that Voice, or was Raina influencing her thinking? Because, I mean, if it was Raina, she got inside my head and decided that I would screw it up.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #296
tmedwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragabash Moon View Post
Ok, just a note, it SAYS r59 still as the version... Did you just forget to change the version # in the file, or did you upload the wrong one?
Everything is correct on my end (verified). Also, we're two versions removed from r59 now (r60 back in March, and r61 now), so even if I had made a mistake you still wouldn't be seeing r59.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #297
Ragabash Moon

Quote:
Everything is correct on my end (verified). Also, we're two versions removed from r59 now (r60 back in March, and r61 now), so even if I had made a mistake you still wouldn't be seeing r59.
Weird, ok thanks I'll try downloading it again, maybe I accidentally said NO instead of YES to the "overwrite" question... heh.

EDIT: Ok, thanks yeah I must have just hit "No" by accident, cause it's updated now that I made absolutely sure to press "Yes to All" :)

Last edited by Ragabash Moon; 05-18-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #298
tmedwards

Announcing Bookish Layout r12 (requires GCA 4.0.419 or later). [ Download: http://www.motoslave.net/thom/gca/sheets/ ]

Bookish Layout r12 highlights:
  • Added a new markup output format: Markdown.
  • Added a new optional Campaign Log block (default: disabled).
I just bashed some rocks together real quick to come up with the current Campaign Log block format, so if it's horrible, or otherwise deficient, let me know. :)

Old 06-07-2013, 07:12 AM   #299
tmedwards

Announcing Phoenix r62 (requires GCA 4.0.423 or later). [ Download: http://www.motoslave.net/thom/gca/phoenix/ ]

Phoenix r62 highlights:
  • Added a new auto-detection selection to the extra parry box option in the Defenses Options section. The auto-detect mode will attempt to select the trait with the highest parry score; stipulations are: the trait cannot be the same as the primary parry (as selected in GCA), traits are tried in order of DX then skills, and the first trait to meet all criteria wins.
  • Added a new option to both the Melee and Ranged Attacks blocks to control highlighting of attack names (default: disabled).
  • Updated the advantage-type blocks trait name highlighting code to work in Bookish mode.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #300
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
[*]Added a new auto-detection selection to the extra parry box option in the Defenses Options section. The auto-detect mode will attempt to select the trait with the highest parry score; stipulations are: the trait cannot be the same as the primary parry (as selected in GCA), traits are tried in order of DX then skills, and the first trait to meet all criteria wins.
Ohh, I like that. I like that a lot. Can I throw in a request to have a slightly modified version of this where it auto-detects the best unarmed parry? That is the highest based on DX, Brawling, Boxing, Karate, Judo, Sumo Wrestling, or Wrestling. Personally, I like to have one of the Parry values be for my unarmed skill and the other be for my primary weapon (which may or may not be the highest skill). If I can set the weapon skill parry in GCA and have Phoenix pick up the highest unarmed parry I might get all giddy inside.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is online now   Reply With Quote