Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 08:24 PM   #61
Tim Kauffman

Default Re: Indiegogo: Ogre Miniatures Set 3 - Doppelsoldner and Ogre Mark VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Our focus is on creating the two new minis. Adding "lots of colors" would add lots of expense to the project and derail us.
The traditional classic Combine Red and Paneuropean Blue are not "lots of colors"...they are in fact two.

...will Combine Red and Paneuropean Blue ever be made available at some point for the Dopp and Mark6?...what about for ALL units?
Is it possible that at some point, if enough are sold of the Black and Grey, you could offer the colored Red and Blue? It's Iconic, those Red and Blue unit colors and I really think it's hurting sales when folks can't even get the basic, traditional colors. I'm holding off for the Red and Blue, but will purchase some Grey and Black, just not as many if they were Red and Blue.

I really would like to be able to purchase faction specific accurately colored units instead of grey or black.

Are Red and Blue a more expensive color to use? If so, I'll pay the extra for them. I want my traditional faction colors for my units as a priority....please
Old 07-15-2019, 08:48 PM   #62
PlayForest

I have backed most of the KS Ogre campaigns and I was going to back this one but again, your shipping costs killed it for me (as has been the case for the recent efforts). This is one of the more common complaints on KS etc. I know, but honestly, SJG has the worst shipping costs of any company I have backed or bought from. USD25 to ship two small plastic minis...internationally? Seriously? I've personally shipped thousands of packages globally, so know something is wrong here.....
Old 07-15-2019, 09:07 PM   #63
karlbergman

Well, I tried to support but Indiego would not let me. Kept saying my Zip Code was incomplete, even when I used my 5+4 Zip Code. I would suggest sticking to Kickstarter, they at least take my order.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:31 PM   #64
bengkohn

IGG has caused me too many problems. I would love the minis, but I'm out.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:55 PM   #65
Bowser

I haven't pledged yet, but I will -- since IGG takes the cash right away, I have to get some thing squared away first.

Having said that, I'm disappointed by two things.

1. IGG instead of KS. I have to accept this and I know that there are many things happening behind the scenes that I am not aware of that contributed to this decision. But IGG seems to have LOTS of problems for users compared to KS with the inability to change a pledge being one of the biggest. I will pledge according to what I will calculate to pay for what I want and hope (sincerely hope) that Backerkit will be able to sort it all out.

2. Lack of colors. I applauded the creation of the different colors for different factions and bought into them (literally!) whole hog. Red, Blue, Forest Green, Gray, and the fantastic "ghost army" of Glow-in-the-Dark. Now I have to decide if I want to get enough black units so I can spray paint them so that each of my armies can have their own Mk VI and Dopp in their own colors. Sigh. It kind of feels like SJG has pulled the rug out from under me although once again I realize that behind the scenes facts have probably force their hands on this issue. Still, it stings a little bit . . .

But, like it or not, when one is a "completest" as I am, one does what one must.

Just my $0.02,
Bowser
Old 07-15-2019, 10:07 PM   #66
ColBosch

I had a lot of trouble just registering, and ended up having to connect my Facebook account. So now yet another site has access to whatever data Zuck & Co. have gathered on me. I've got to admit, at this point I am more annoyed than anything, and I am not feeling particularly interested in this campaign anymore. My frustration is also amplifying my other concerns about the Ogre line, so now instead of throwing a bunch of money at a project I was genuinely very interested in, I find myself questioning if I want to continue purchasing any Ogre material at all.

I'll think on this. Right now, I am not a happy customer.

(And Drew, if you see this, I really need you to check your email.)
Old 07-16-2019, 01:39 AM   #67
CON_Troll

Huh. Never dealt with IGG before. The pledge levels... er, I mean "perks" seem pretty comprehensive. But I can certainly see why some folks are bummed about the shipping for combining perks.

I will probably go for the $190 perk level, not because I need three each of the Mark VI and Dopp, but because I'd like to get another Battle Box and copy of Battlefields -plus I have a friend who would love to get a copy of OGRE Miniatures. And, to be honest, I really won't mind getting three each of the Ogres.

Since the funds are charged immediately, I will have to wait for two weeks to get my funds ready. But at least we're getting a nice long pledge (perk?) period. That makes me curious. Phil, is this one of the reasons for going with IGG instead of KS? Because it let you put the project up for a longer period of time?
Old 07-16-2019, 03:05 AM   #68
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kauffman View Post
The traditional classic Combine Red and Paneuropean Blue are not "lots of colors"...they are in fact two.
I was responding to a specific comment.

If the project is successful, then the most expensive step -- the steel molds -- will be behind us. In the future, if there is demand, we will explore producing the minis in other colors.

For now, all of our attention is on going from the CAD files -- which are complete -- to cut steel. Until that steel tool is finished and ready for use, nothing else matters for this project.

Last edited by philreed; 07-16-2019 at 03:10 AM.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:09 AM   #69
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayForest View Post
Seriously? I've personally shipped thousands of packages globally, so know something is wrong here.....
If you've shipped thousands of packages from within the U.S. in the last two to three years, then you know how high U.S. rates are relative to those in other nations. And that doesn't even touch on the freight charges, the fulfillment charges, and all of the other expenses that go into shipping for a company vs a person mailing something.

As to U.S. shipping rates vs other nations, this Planet Money episode from last year is an excellent listen:

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2...tal-illuminati
Old 07-16-2019, 05:07 AM   #70
Izzy_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
* Excess inventory, if the project is successful, will be offered on Warehouse 23.
OK I have a slim hope then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayForest View Post
SJG has the worst shipping costs of any company I have backed or bought from. USD25 to ship two small plastic minis...internationally?
Howdy from Tokyo. I recently got a t-shirt from the US that cost that much to ship. It aint an SJG problem at all.

FWIW I've also done thousands of international packages over the years and have watched rates go up and up and up and up again. This is why I said in the other thread that I'm fully willing to pay the costs of shipping even knowing they are often more than the item itself. If any of these new minis do make it to W23 that is exactly what I will be doing.
Closed Thread