Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 02-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
Aahz

Default Munchkin Zombies Water Bottle

Anybody know if the Munchkin Zombies Water Bottle is dishwasher safe?

Thanks!
Kerry
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny. - J. Handey
Aahz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
LordArach

Default Re: Munchkin Zombies Water Bottle

I tested one of my bottles out by both freezing water in it and running it through the dishwasher. Freezing the bottle with water in it resulted in some expansion of the bottle and cracks in parts of the surface, mostly on the top and bottom. Putting it in the dishwasher after that expanded some of the cracks and showed a reddish color underneath. It looks like a primer coat of paint, not rust. I'm not sure if the dishwasher alone would yield negative results because I'm not going to risk messing up another bottle to test it.

Praise "Bob"!
LordArach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
MIB.6361

Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Infinity.

We appreciate your sacrifice!

I generally hand wash promo-type items that I want to keep in best possible condition just to avoid it, but there's always that time when you forget it at the friends house and it goes through the machine.

So, sucks yours is damaged. I'm interested in an update in a few months if anything changes though. Mine's going to get some abuse, so we'll just have to see what it can take.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
LordArach

I knew to hand wash the shot glasses from an incident that occurred to a cool set of Beatles glasses that went through the dishwasher by mistake. They had the same type of image application. I thought ahead with the water bottles and bought several so it wasn't a big deal to test one of them. I use that one as my everyday drinking bottle and another as my formal game bottle. I hand wash them both. :)

Praise "Bob"!

Last edited by LordArach; 02-15-2012 at 02:56 PM.
LordArach is offline   Reply With Quote