Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-11-2016, 07:19 AM   #1881
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
OOC I know it usually works face to face, but can Mitch tell what Ruby would pay to save face in front of the other demons in the city?
Took the video clip down on a precaution. If you'd still like to meet Ruby's muse, Arika of Helena, SyFy show Dominion, let me know.

Puck, nope it doesn't work...but on the bright side Ruby can't lay geasa on you. Fair is fair!

What Mitch does know from being an LA denizen is that most LA demons want to keep the big boys out, and to that end will put up with her bullying, extortion, and grandiosity. Some even find it homey. Others, usually someo newbie straight out of Hell, think they can waltz into town and deliver it to their favorite Demon Prince for love and prizes. This never ends well. She is the devil they know, and as young as she is they all tell themselves that they're consenting to her rule rather than being overpowered by it.

This dynamic, while solidly built, is what her life depends upon.

Will post ICly probably tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:56 AM   #1882
tHEhERETIC

Not ignoring you, just too tired to do a proper answer. Punting for now but I'm aware I'm punting.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:39 AM   #1883
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"You would think so, yeah. But let me tell you from experience--if she calls us back at all, she'll throw that in our faces as though we owe her for the call. We want to be a little bit convenient for her so she doesn't take care of Tish without us. And saving face in front of her minions, well, would get me forgiven for strongarming her on the phone call.

"Which reminds me...how would you describe the voice of the guy in the background, the one they hauled away? I have six names of guys he could be but I can only rule two of them out as female vessels."
Don't panic about describing the voice accurately! Just make something up and I'll roll with it.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:01 PM   #1884
tHEhERETIC

Not ignoring the main thread, side scene nearly done and so far quiet.

Except for this song in Ryuki's head https://youtu.be/QGDGwDnJvps
Old 04-24-2016, 04:59 PM   #1885
ladyarcana55

Quick question...

What time of year is it?
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:43 AM   #1886
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Quick question...

What time of year is it?
Answered in PM because I was at work--January or February. Nominally it's 2008 but I've stopped paying much attention to the year.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:10 AM   #1887
tHEhERETIC

I want to post but I'm just too damned sleepy. i even wrote a scene at work and I'm not posting it because it's on the portable drive and that doesn't play well with the laptop/recliner combination. Okay, that and it could conceivably come into play with some minor tweaks, but mostly because it's nice and warm in this chair.

Tomorrow maybe?
Old 05-02-2016, 06:04 AM   #1888
tHEhERETIC

I'm liking the direction the setting suggests, and I'm already seeing possibilities to really light a fire under this war. Tee hee hee --steeples hands-- Give me a day or two more to let it stew and go back over old notes.

Meanwhile, I'm surprised Glen isn't reminding Sunae that putting genies in bottles is hard work.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:28 PM   #1889
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
I'm liking the direction the setting suggests, and I'm already seeing possibilities to really light a fire under this war. Tee hee hee --steeples hands-- Give me a day or two more to let it stew and go back over old notes.

Meanwhile, I'm surprised Glen isn't reminding Sunae that putting genies in bottles is hard work.
For some reason I wasn't getting thread updates.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 01:21 AM   #1890
tHEhERETIC

Sorry it took me awhile to "do the math" so to speak. The notebooks haven't been reread despite my best intentions, but by pushing me to a certain setting and scenario I had to think through causes and effects, and so far I'm liking what I found.

I'll be posting in about a minute, with long-term plans involving a new twist on an old attunement. Poor characters won't know what hit them.

Tags
in nomine