Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #9
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Too many Big items - must get rid of one

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoPan12 View Post
Wait, do you have to give the extra big item to someone else? Can't you just discard it? also, I think of my friends have been treating it like an item you can't use due to race or class, ie turn it upside down and not count it for bonuses. I take it this is wrong?
You can't ever just discard an Item you don't want (as said in the rules, "You cannot discard Item cards “just because.”"). The rules state also that you many only have one Big Item in play ("You may carry any number of small items, but only one Big one."). So, you can't turn Big Item sideways so you can have more than one in play unless you're a Dwarf (or have another reason you're allowed more than one Big Item) and can't use it. Finally, the rules explain what to do when one finds oneself in a position where one once could have carried more than one Big Item and now can't:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
If you stop being a Dwarf and you have more than one Big item, you must immediately get rid of all but one. If it’s your turn, you can sell them. Otherwise, you must give them to the lowest-Level player(s) who can carry them! If any Big items are still left over, discard them.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
big items, charity