Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-11-2022, 10:39 AM   #1221
vicious Violence

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Vic scrounges for something useful, rolling 12/skill level 15.

Our new friend seems to understand the primordial truth, FIRE, BLOOD, STEEL are the ultimate pillars. Welcome to the party, good show.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 11:38 PM   #1222
ajardoor

Loading up the cart takes 5 minutes of work. 30 cheap short spears (each 2 lbs. and worth $12), 4 large orchish falchions, 2 long bows, 2 quivers, 4 medium shields, 20 arrows, 270 pounds of metal...

(OC: Need help calculating the total weight?)

Vic finds rocks and broken wooden pieces of furniture that he could use as sticks or small clubs. More useful as tools than weapons...but useful all the same?

(OC: Remember, Search skill is not the same as Scrounging skill.)
Old 07-12-2022, 11:47 AM   #1223
Hide

Things like clubs are handled with the broadsword skill, if that is the case, he hands over a scimitar to Mihrimah.

Bain picks his arrows and does some tracking (12+1) 12 while his friends take their time picking up the loot; he checks if there were other goblins in the place and looks for potential hidden passages and transited pathways.

Then he speaks to Vic:

Friend, Gathika let one of these creatures live. I think it is a good chance for you to interrogate them.
Old 07-12-2022, 04:40 PM   #1224
ajardoor

Bain's tracking leads him to one conclusion; the hobgoblins escaped from the rooms beyond the barricaded door. They were the ones who barricaded the door. No-one but a few goblins (irregular visitors, from down stairs) hangs around this room. The Hobs were standing guard and campaign in this room ever since, probably set up that tripwire trap on the stairs.

Martial paranoia is nothing new for hobgoblins, but they clearly got spooked by something nearby.
Old 07-12-2022, 06:12 PM   #1225
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
Kinclad suddenly senses that two of his new companions are Weirdness Magnets! He feels sick, realizing that Vic and Bains are just wrong on a metaphysical level...
They are probably why I got pulled here...Stones..., He thinks to himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Bain comes out of the shadows and commends his friends for the great battle, he also asks them how they feel about the fight (e.g., if they need to rest, especially to Kinclad... who looks ill). As he recovers his arrows, Bain tells Mihrimah to stay alert for ambushers and asks her what her weapon of choice would be, should she pick one.

Perhaps you could learn this impressive attack called “back-stabbing”…
Then he tells her about that time Telrith survived such an impressive attack.

Finally, Bain asks Kinclad about his skills.
That was a fine combination of might and magic, are you a battle-mage?
"I am to be the best battle mage, despite what other mages think. My father was a fighter so I learned to use my body more than anything."

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
Our new friend seems to understand the primordial truth, FIRE, BLOOD, STEEL are the ultimate pillars. Welcome to the party, good show.
"I don't know why I got flung here, kinda don't know why, probably has to do with you two weirdos"

He points at Vic and Bain.

"But I got no where else to be and a change in scenery will help me grow."

Kinclad would need 15min to be at full FP and ER.
zoncxs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 10:43 AM   #1226
Hide

Bain checks with navigation (15) 15 to get a sense of the paths’ destination in regards of their current location. Then he replies to Kinclad's remarks (using Leadership (12) 11, to sound more inspiring*).

One more soul to the call, it is! For what some deem a curse**, is nothing but our light, a light that shines to make the shot in the dark, the light that burns like fire and incinerates the filth of this world with the radiance of Steel.

I have witnessed your battle, mighty warrior. It is with deep honor that we fight under the name of the Riddle of Steel. Our glorious battlefield is everywhere, if my friends here accept you, you may come with us.

There's no room for hesitation. Our Steel remains ever sharp and free of rust, ready to break the Riddles to gather strength from the torrents of blood and strife, and fight to change this world for the divine glory!

After listening to the party’s reply, he tells them about his findings. Bain checks for traps (14) 14, before advancing. And will move camouflaged (17) 9 with stealth (16) 10.

*Yes, this is optional for players, but I am also working Mihrimah.
** The "weird".
Old 07-15-2022, 02:44 AM   #1227
ajardoor

Bain deduces the hobgoblins came from the door they barricaded.
(OC: I take it you are opening the door and looking beyond?)
He finds no traps.

Beyond the door is a corridor of stone and earth, unpleasantly stained with bloody footprints of human-sized creatures wearing boots. The corridor is not straight, taking 2 corners as one goes along. It eventually comes to a three way (counting the passage you took coming here) junction, both ways taking a corner soon after and thus concealing their ultimate destination. One goes north, the other south. The signs of violence and the corresponding offal have gotten heavier in this area. The south corridor has a gruesome stench of death mixed with a sharp chemical brew wafting from it. The north corridor is less offensive, but shreds of rotten flesh and dried blood lightly cake the passage.
Old 07-16-2022, 08:58 PM   #1228
PumpkinLorica

Gathika looks at Bain and then stares at Kinclad.
Her face goes blank and she mutters... "abbbbdabdbba abdbbabdba" (ⓛ o, ⓛ)
Welcome "Comrade" KiNnncladO, the ELDERS tell me that you've been chosen to walk the path of blood with us.
MEOW ฅ(^◕ᴥ◕^)ฅ
Old 07-18-2022, 09:05 AM   #1229
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Telrith: "It smells like the southern tunnel is in more need of our cleaning. Shall we go there next?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 03:30 PM   #1230
vicious Violence

Vic ties the goblin successfully (rolled 12 out of 15), administers first aid (12 out of 14), interrogation 12 out of 12 (using the extra point to increase interrogation skill level).

WHERE ARE YOUR MASTERS?! POINT THE WAY

WHY IS EVERYTHING SLATHERED IN BLÖÖD!??

Last edited by vicious Violence; 07-18-2022 at 03:34 PM.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic