Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-17-2015, 11:55 PM   #1
Vernon King Avaritt III

Default Super Cloning

I saw Heroes Reborn and there is a guy who makes permanent duplicates which I call super cloning. How would you do this.

What each one of them learns every clone knows would this be mindlink or Racial Memory?
Vernon King Avaritt III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:35 AM   #2
Nereidalbel

Default Re: Super Cloning

Is there a limit to how many duplicates he can make? Mind Link limited to Dupes Only and a maximum limit of however many dupes he can make is the easiest way to go.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:03 AM   #3
naloth

The easiest way to do it would be an Ally Group (summoned clones). They wouldn't be under your direct control as a PC, but you could get lots of them for a very reasonable cost.

If you go duplication, I'd add a bit of gear duplication plus the Constructs enhancement since his dupes seem to be disposable (death doesn't cost him a dupe) and there's a "primary" which could killed to take out all of them.

They might have a mind link/hive mind, but it's not necessary.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:20 AM   #4
Vernon King Avaritt III

I think that I will give him the disadvantage Cannot Recombine at -30%. So it doesn't matter how many duplicates since he cannot recombine with them. Also I will give him no reciprocal damage and duplicate gear.
Vernon King Avaritt III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:27 AM   #5
naloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernon King Avaritt III View Post
I think that I will give him the disadvantage Cannot Recombine at -30%. So it doesn't matter how many duplicates since he cannot recombine with them. Also I will give him no reciprocal damage and duplicate gear.
Duplicate gear seems good, though it's much cheaper to go with signature gear (which is duped with you automatically).

Cannot Recombine seems like a weaker Always On (since it's only on after you activate it) which itself would only be -10% or tops -20%. It's even more trivial if your dupe is a construct since you can kill and recreate it, effectively turning off that way.

Reciprocal damage can't come up, since it's only calculated when merging. Perhaps you meant new dupes will always be created at full HP/Fatigue?
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote