Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 06-03-2019, 09:24 AM   #61
Anaraxes

Default Re: Four Perilous Journeys: Four new adventures for The Fantasy Trip

For the physical items, could you clarify (on the campaign page) exactly what PDFs (if any) they include? For instance, "Print Quartermaster" says it includes both print and PDF versions -- but is that all the PDFs as listed in "All the Digital Things", including the token sheets and monster cards, or just a PDF of the adventures themselves? Similarly, if you get the NPC/Creature Deck addon, does that also include the PDF version?
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:41 AM   #62
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
For the physical items, could you clarify (on the campaign page) exactly what PDFs (if any) they include? For instance, "Print Quartermaster" says it includes both print and PDF versions -- but is that all the PDFs as listed in "All the Digital Things", including the token sheets and monster cards, or just a PDF of the adventures themselves? Similarly, if you get the NPC/Creature Deck addon, does that also include the PDF version?
By and large, the physical pledges include PDFs of the print versions of what you order.

Print Quartermaster includes Print and PDF copies of the adventures (five of them, now).

Bring Me All the Things includes Print and PDF copies of all five adventures, five token sheets, and the card deck.

The $40 quoted price for the card deck is for the physical item ONLY. I usually offer bundles on my stuff as add-ons for the price of the physical good (the $40 card deck) plus HALF the price of the PDF (half of $20 for the deck PDF, or $10). So as an add-on, you can get physical only for $40, PDF-only for $20, or bundled for $50.
DouglasCole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:51 PM   #63
JLV

I think your experience here proves the comment made by Phil Reed in that interview over on EN World -- "TFT players like physical things." I know you have more adventures you're planning on Kickstarting later on in the year, so my advice is get the physical stuff figured before you launch and include it from the start in the next one. You won't see that funky "bent pyramid" backer curve like you did with this one (you'll get the usual "bathtub" curve instead), but you WILL get more backers in for more $$ from the get-go!

Of course, my advice is worth exactly what you paid for it, and I have no idea what the moving parts are actually like in setting up for a kickstarter, but for whatever it's worth, that's my two cents on the subject! ;-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 05:48 PM   #64
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
I think your experience here proves the comment made by Phil Reed in that interview over on EN World -- "TFT players like physical things." I know you have more adventures you're planning on Kickstarting later on in the year, so my advice is get the physical stuff figured before you launch and include it from the start in the next one. You won't see that funky "bent pyramid" backer curve like you did with this one (you'll get the usual "bathtub" curve instead), but you WILL get more backers in for more $$ from the get-go!

Of course, my advice is worth exactly what you paid for it, and I have no idea what the moving parts are actually like in setting up for a kickstarter, but for whatever it's worth, that's my two cents on the subject! ;-)
Your comments pretty much mirror my conversations with my current (and a few future, I hope) authors:

1) Even out the solos and GM'd adventures. Probably 2 each, with a fifth adventure out there as a stretch goal.
2) Tokens for each adventure.
3) NPC/Monster cards in 3.5x5" format as well.

There's lots of runway between now and the next one, I think. I should be able to work that supply chain harder.

Doug
Old 06-04-2019, 05:50 PM   #65
Anaraxes

Thanks for the clarification. I think my confusion stemmed from my bad assumption that the token sheets came with the print adventures, rather than there being a "just the adventures" level. The pattern is pretty clear once I fix that in my head. And the new campaign page update makes it pretty straightforward even for people like me :)
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 05:58 PM   #66
DouglasCole

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. I think my confusion stemmed from my bad assumption that the token sheets came with the print adventures, rather than there being a "just the adventures" level. The pattern is pretty clear once I fix that in my head. And the new campaign page update makes it pretty straightforward even for people like me :)
It's likely that confusion was caused by my statements that the back page of the book will have tokens you can print yourself; the entire back page is reserved for such things.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:25 AM   #67
DouglasCole

Four Perilous Journeys: The Home Stretch

This blog post consolidates a funding update (only a few pledges from $30K), some cover design work, and next steps into one place.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:02 PM   #68
Shostak

Quote:
The wording of the Print Quartermaster pledge level, "Each 16-page adventure is black and white interior with a color cover, and includes the adventure, maps, and of course, all the tokens and icons you need to play each one!" does lead one to think that tokens are included. But, I gather, these are not the die-cut tokens mentioned in the Bring Me the Things. All of Them level.
Shostak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:10 PM   #69
DouglasCole

We now have 2 days to go in the Kickstarter campaign for Four Perilous Journeys: New Adventures for The Fantasy Trip. During the last half of the campaign, a fifth adventure was added (a 32-page solo), as well as physical goods depending on pledge level: counters representing monsters from the adventures (a 42-counter die-cut sheet), and 3.5x5" NPC/Monster cards that will shuffle in with your Decks of Destiny card deck.

All five adventures get high-quality offset print runs, with color covers and black and white interiors on 130gsm (about 87#) paper.

There's a lot more value to add to your Fantasy Trip collection!

If you've been waiting to pledge, please jump in! If you've been following the campaign, now's the time.

If you pledged early (thank you!) you might want to review all the new goodies and consider if you're still at the right level - PDF lovers, there's an "ALL THE DIGITAL THINGS" new pledge with all five adventures, a PDF of the color token sheets, and a PDF of the NPC/Monster cards now.

Thanks! Let's finish strong.

48 hours left: Four Perilous Journeys on Kickstarter
Old 06-06-2019, 10:20 PM   #70
larsdangly

I notice you've got a 43 point NPC in there. My understanding is that there is no plausible way to create such a powerful humanoid character through XP. Is there some back story that lets her get there using major wishes or something?
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote