Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 07-31-2006, 03:35 PM   #1
BIGsheep

Default Can you play Super Munchkin/Half Breed with no class/race

As it seems with most people I'll start this thread with "I was playing Munchkin at the weekend and an arguement/discussion started...", this time it was over the use of the dual race/class cards:

Can you play the Super Munchkin/Half Breed cards when you don't have a class/race?

I believe you can have the Half Breed with no races as you are simply a human with all the advatages but none of the disadvantages.

However with the Super Munchkin card I'm unclear as you lose it if you lose your class(es) so does that mean because have none you can't equip it because you'd automatically lose it?
Old 07-31-2006, 04:09 PM   #2
RevBob

Default Re: Can you play Super Munchkin/Half Breed with no class/race

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGsheep
As it seems with most people I'll start this thread with "I was playing Munchkin at the weekend and an arguement/discussion started...", this time it was over the use of the dual race/class cards:

Can you play the Super Munchkin/Half Breed cards when you don't have a class/race?
No. The basic rules sheet is quite explicit on this issue; the cards have their own subsection under When To Play Cards on the back of the rules sheet.

You must have one race card in play to play Half-Breed, as the second race is assumed to be Human, which does not require a second race card. You must have one class card in play to play the Super Munchkin card, but you must also play a second class card with that Super Munchkin card, as there are no no-card classes.

(Unlike my contribution to the monstrous footgear discussion, this actually is an official answer. It's not made official due to any authority I have, though; it's just not an ambiguous issue.)

Looking for a St. Aosbczkcs medal.
RevBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:07 PM   #3
BIGsheep

Default Re: Can you play Super Munchkin/Half Breed with no class/race

Splendid. I can now stop my brother being a half unskilled human, half unskilled human.