Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V. > Ogre Video Game

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2017, 03:02 PM   #1
GranitePenguin
 
GranitePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Plainfield, IL
Default Nightfall as multiplayer

Is there any way to run the nightfall campaigns playing human vs human? these are really good and it would be a shame if the only option you have is playing against the AI on one side. It would be great to play the Ogre side against a PE AI, or play 2-player.
__________________
GranitePenguin
MIB #2214
GranitePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:50 PM   #2
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants
 
sir_pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ventura CA
Default Re: Nightfall as multiplayer

They don't seem well balanced, in that I am finding them rather easy and apparently I am terrible at this game.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:22 AM   #3
AurochJake
Moderator
 
AurochJake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Bristol, UK
Default Re: Nightfall as multiplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
Is there any way to run the nightfall campaigns playing human vs human? these are really good and it would be a shame if the only option you have is playing against the AI on one side. It would be great to play the Ogre side against a PE AI, or play 2-player.
It's an interesting suggestion - I'll add it in our list of suggestions and considerations. Possibly after we release the GEV maps and Mac version :)

Thanks
AurochJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:39 AM   #4
GranitePenguin
 
GranitePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Plainfield, IL
Default Re: Nightfall as multiplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurochJake View Post
It's an interesting suggestion - I'll add it in our list of suggestions and considerations. Possibly after we release the GEV maps and Mac version :)

Thanks
It would really add to the replayability of the game. Right now, I don't have much incentive to replay the Nightfall scenarios. Being able to play as the Ogres or play with a person would go a long way toward extending the usefulness of them.
__________________
GranitePenguin
MIB #2214
GranitePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:21 AM   #5
Steve Jackson
President and EIC
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Default Re: Nightfall as multiplayer

I believe you'd want to be able to modify them, usually by reducing the former AI force, in order to get balance between two experienced players.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:38 AM   #6
GranitePenguin
 
GranitePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Plainfield, IL
Default Re: Nightfall as multiplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
I believe you'd want to be able to modify them, usually by reducing the former AI force, in order to get balance between two experienced players.
Yes, absolutely. One of the other feature requests on the table from the early beta is being able to start a scenario with less than the maximum allowed force. Currently that is not possible for any scenario. That would help replayability a lot.
__________________
GranitePenguin
MIB #2214
GranitePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.