Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 06:49 AM   #51
Christopher R. Rice
 
Christopher R. Rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portsmouth, VA, USA
Default Re: Ravens N' Pennies - GURPS Content Posts

Triple Threat: The Wolpertinger

They poop. They poop flaming poop. Basically, it's stinky napalm. No, it's not a silly monster - well, not all the way. My take on the creature of Germanic legend -with a twist. Basically, just blame RevBob for everything.
__________________
My Twitter
My w23 Stuff
My Blog

Latest GURPS Book: Monster Hunters Power Ups 1
Latest TFT Book: Crown of Eternity

Become a Patron!

Last edited by Christopher R. Rice; 11-20-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #52
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants
 
sir_pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ventura CA
Default Re: Ravens N' Pennies - GURPS Content Posts

I just used Wolpertingers in my DF game, although mine didn't have flaming poop. They did have an infectious bite that will give the victim antlers, fangs, and (useless) wings.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #53
Christopher R. Rice
 
Christopher R. Rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portsmouth, VA, USA
Default Re: Ravens N' Pennies - GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I just used Wolpertingers in my DF game, although mine didn't have flaming poop. They did have an infectious bite that will give the victim antlers, fangs, and (useless) wings.
Nifty. How long does it last? I assume it's a Affliction with Unnatural Features disadvantage?
__________________
My Twitter
My w23 Stuff
My Blog

Latest GURPS Book: Monster Hunters Power Ups 1
Latest TFT Book: Crown of Eternity

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #54
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants
 
sir_pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ventura CA
Default Re: Ravens N' Pennies - GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
Nifty. How long does it last? I assume it's a Affliction with Unnatural Features disadvantage?
It's a disease restisted by HT-6 with a 24 hour onset, doing 1 FP per cycle for eight cycles. The Unnatural Features start growing at half FP, and take a week to fully form. They are permanent at that point unless cured with Cure Disease or something.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #55
Christopher R. Rice
 
Christopher R. Rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portsmouth, VA, USA
Default Re: Ravens N' Pennies - GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
It's a disease restisted by HT-6 with a 24 hour onset, doing 1 FP per cycle for eight cycles. The Unnatural Features start growing at half FP, and take a week to fully form. They are permanent at that point unless cured with Cure Disease or something.
That's funny as hell. If you send me that, I'll put it up on my blog.
__________________
My Twitter
My w23 Stuff
My Blog

Latest GURPS Book: Monster Hunters Power Ups 1
Latest TFT Book: Crown of Eternity

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #56
Humabout
 
Humabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default Re: Ravens N' Pennies - GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
Triple Threat: The Wolpertinger

They poop. They poop flaming poop. Basically, it's stinky napalm. No, it's not a silly monster - well, not all the way. My take on the creature of Germanic legend -with a twist. Basically, just blame RevBob for everything.
Holy flaming porch presents, Batman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I just used Wolpertingers in my DF game, although mine didn't have flaming poop. They did have an infectious bite that will give the victim antlers, fangs, and (useless) wings.
This is just awesome. I think I'm going to yoink it, if you don't mind!
__________________
Buy My Stuff!

Free Stuff:
Dungeon Action!
Totem Spirits

My Blog: Above the Flatline.
Humabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #57
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants
 
sir_pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ventura CA
Default Re: Ravens N' Pennies - GURPS Content Posts

Basically I just combined the legendary Wolpertinger with the real life Shopes virus explanation. So in my DF game it's a viral curse that turns rabbits into fanged, antlered flying carnivores that is spread with a bite.

I haven't decided yet if the virus has mental effects on infected PCs. Probably. Maybe Gluttony and Quirk: Craves Meat?
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #58
Humabout
 
Humabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default Re: Ravens N' Pennies - GURPS Content Posts

I just think there is something really awesome and horrific about being slowly transformed into some unnatural. I love it, even if it kind of sounds a silly. It could totally work great in the right atmosphere and presentation!
__________________
Buy My Stuff!

Free Stuff:
Dungeon Action!
Totem Spirits

My Blog: Above the Flatline.
Humabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #59
Christopher R. Rice
 
Christopher R. Rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portsmouth, VA, USA
Default Re: Ravens N' Pennies - GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humabout View Post
Holy flaming porch presents, Batman!
Le baggie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Basically I just combined the legendary Wolpertinger with the real life Shopes virus explanation. So in my DF game it's a viral curse that turns rabbits into fanged, antlered flying carnivores that is spread with a bite.

I haven't decided yet if the virus has mental effects on infected PCs. Probably. Maybe Gluttony and Quirk: Craves Meat?
Yeah, you need to send me this and I'll include it as a virus you can catch. LOL. If you want of course.
__________________
My Twitter
My w23 Stuff
My Blog

Latest GURPS Book: Monster Hunters Power Ups 1
Latest TFT Book: Crown of Eternity

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:25 AM   #60
Christopher R. Rice
 
Christopher R. Rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portsmouth, VA, USA
Default Re: Ravens N' Pennies - GURPS Content Posts

GURPS 101: Magical Legalese

My thoughts on open magic in societies and how they might work in the Control Rating/Legality Class system of GURPS.
__________________
My Twitter
My w23 Stuff
My Blog

Latest GURPS Book: Monster Hunters Power Ups 1
Latest TFT Book: Crown of Eternity

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blogs

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.