Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #71
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
(OOC: OOPS! That was Sunae's suggestion to Corat, so HE would be the one to call. He had asked Sunae what she thought he should say to Mitch without making it obvious it was another angel checking on him, in case the phone was bugged or someone was within earshot. I should have clarified. Sorry!)
((And I took it to mean she was leaving a message. --shrug-- Corat grabbed Sunae's cell phone and made the call, apparently. Still not the patient one...))
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
OOC: I'm assuming this takes place after Mitch's call to Ryuki
((Works for me. It's what happens when I drop Plot in your lap.))
--------------------------------ICness------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Mitch picks up the phone "Hello? Oh! Sunae, how are you?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Hey Mitch, what's up? Haven't heard from you in a while and thought I would call and see how things are."
"I'm just borrowing her phone, actually. How are you holding up? Do you know if you're being listened to?"

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 06-08-2011 at 04:22 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:09 AM   #72
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"It seemed like he was tellin' the truth ... as far as he knew it, anyway," Kane says. "Of course, even if he's right about the hammer bein' grabbed by a demon, no tellin' how many times it's changed hands since then." A small smile crosses his face, as Kane remembers a hymn book in the 1860s that was more than it seemed -- and that bounced around the landscape like a jackalope on coffee.

"He wants to work with the good guys," Kane goes on. "But he doesn't want to cut ties with his family, either. If he's gotta choose between bein' a Soldier and bein' a son, right now he's gonna choose bein' a son." He ignores the minor irritation of the mosquitoes. "But I can tell he doesn't want to have to choose; there's a fighter in there, however mixed-up he might be sometimes."
"Well, for the record, he is a Soldier. Mine. Oh, he didn't sign up, or choose me, or any of those formalities..." Now coming from the 'hippie' vessel that would have sounded like a careless old man who'd smoked too much. But from the 'bowler' vessel, there's a sharpness to his voice, a clarity. Oh sure, sometimes the gears still slip, but this vessel was a message. Competence. Purpose. Not harmless or unreflective. Eli knows what he's doing....signing up a Soldier without the Soldier's knowledge?
He seems to notice your reaction, but half-ignore it. "Now Gabriel, there's a nice arrangement. Young, unassailable Malakite handles the administrative duties, and Gabriel gets to go around blowing (stuff) up. Unfortunately I'm no Ofanite, and when the snakes come sniffing around I can't just vamoose into the (expletive) ether...." He shrugs, accepting the situation with some equanimity.
"It doesn't mean I don't care, though. I'm keeping my ears open to see who he signs with, and whether guys like you can work with guys like him. For the record, the Mighty Squeaky Hammer of Smiting is in Dominic's possession. Now either this Ryuki does not keep up to date on (those things), or he was lying to you. I'm betting the latter, from what Janus tells me. Aw, speak of the devil." Eli lets out some more blue language before answering his phone. "Yeah...really?...Your timing couldn't be more perfect...Okay, it's always perfect....Alright." He though about asking Janus whether he had an agenda here, but he knew Wind--he wanted change. That was his being.

"Janus just told me there was some scuffle in L.A. last night. Maybe you should put together some folks who know L.A. and go have a look. Then call Ryuki back. He spends a lot of time there--maybe he knows something."

He turns to start the climb back down the mountain. He pauses for a parting shot. "And bring a seraph."

Maybe it naturally takes him that long to climb down in this vessel, or maybe he's taking his time to see if you have anything more to say.

((OOC I owe some updates on the web page. But FYI I based the 'hippie' vessel on Tommy Chong in "That 70's Show" and I'm channeling John Goodman in "The Big Lebowski" for the 'bowler' vessel.))
Old 06-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #73
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post

He turns to start the climb back down the mountain. He pauses for a parting shot. "And bring a seraph."
Kane flushes. "Yes, sir." Dang it, cowboy, he thinks to himself, you know there's a difference between 'honorable' and 'honest.' Or you should.
Quote:
Maybe it naturally takes him that long to climb down in this vessel, or maybe he's taking his time to see if you have anything more to say.
"Uh, boss?" he asks. He knows the Archangel dodged the question for a reason, but he has to ask. Maybe Eli even intended him to. "How do you become an unconscious Soldier? And if he is with us already, what happens if he makes up his mind for someone else ... or decides to walk away?"

That last possibility screeches across his mind like nails on a blackboard -- to walk away from the War against Hell is as unthinkable to him as incest -- but given the conflicting demands he saw in Ryuki's soul, it's a question better asked now than later.

And speaking of the War ... Some folks who know LA, huh? If I 'member right, that Sunae from last night came from around there. Wonder how she'd feel about kicking some demon butt?

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:30 PM   #74
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"Uh, boss?" he asks. He knows the Archangel dodged the question for a reason, but he has to ask. Maybe Eli even intended him to. "How do you become an unconscious Soldier? And if he is with us already, what happens if he makes up his mind for someone else ... or decides to walk away?"

That last possibility screeches across his mind like nails on a blackboard -- to walk away from the War against Hell is as unthinkable to him as incest -- but given the conflicting demands he saw in Ryuki's soul, it's a question better asked now than later.
Eli stops his climb a moment, resting his chin on his hands on a shelf of rock. "Back in '57 I left my memories upstairs and took a walk. Now I'd left a few too many memories, because for the first couple years until my servitors could catch up to me, I went around blessing pregnant women. And having forgotten I was Creation, I apparently Blessed some DNA. From what we've seen on the others he'll have an extra Force, some unusual talents, and maybe the potential for more. And he's got free will. He can walk away any time he chooses."
Old 06-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #75
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Eli stops his climb a moment, resting his chin on his hands on a shelf of rock. "Back in '57 I left my memories upstairs and took a walk. Now I'd left a few too many memories, because for the first couple years until my servitors could catch up to me, I went around blessing pregnant women. And having forgotten I was Creation, I apparently Blessed some DNA. From what we've seen on the others he'll have an extra Force, some unusual talents, and maybe the potential for more. And he's got free will. He can walk away any time he chooses."
"Thank you, sir," Kane says respectfully, his mind reeling with what he's just heard. And yet, in a way, it fits -- it is a rather creative response to the need for more Heavenly hands on deck, even if Eli didn't consciously intend it that way.

"And sir?" He holds out the guitar. "I saw you lookin', sir. Anything I have, you're welcome to play. Always."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:58 PM   #76
Puck

Quote:
"This was taken about an hour ago," the soldier says, clearly unhappy about giving you the news. "On Fig just north of Pico." Locals know that Fig is short for Figueroa Street, and the address is near the Staples Convention Center. He puts a comforting hand on Mitchim's shoulder. "There has to be a good explanation."
Mitch frowns and nods saying slow "I belive he owed a geas to a powerful Lilim. She may have called it in." He gives his head a quick shake "I'll speak with him. Thank you for letting me know."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
"Every week when I can help it. The company has an office in Honolulu, and we lease a 'private executive suite'--my ex-girlfriend's guest house--on the..." some old instinct kicks in, almost too late, "on some prime beachfront. Life is good when you don't burn your bridges.
"And thank you. I'm afraid you did miss something interesting, but best we talk about that in person. I should be back in town Monday evening."
Mich smiles "Well have a good time and enjoy your girl's company. Call me when you get back and we'll meet up." After saying his goodbys he hangs up and locks up the shop before heading out to find Dennis.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:00 PM   #77
Puck

Quote:
((And I took it to mean she was leaving a message. --shrug-- Corat grabbed Sunae's cell phone and made the call, apparently. Still not the patient one...))

--------------------------------ICness------------------------------------------------------

"I'm just borrowing her phone, actually. How are you holding up? Do you know if you're being listened to?"
OOC: Hmm, when does this phone call take place? Is he back from his vacation?
Old 06-15-2011, 01:26 AM   #78
tHEhERETIC

Quote:

Quote:
OOC: Hmm, when does this phone call take place? Is he back from his vacation?
OOC If I understand the question correctly...
Phone call takes place the Sunday after [the Friday where the demons pinned you inside]. Sunae is welcome to correct me, within the limits of the flight schedule. Otherwise it's different background noise, though he'll be able to talk more freely.
Though that's not very nice of them to take two days to check on their buddy in L.A. Maybe we could just 'float' the day and time...
Corat...angels take vacations? Light duty really, minding the welfare of his recruits and getting up to speed on functioning with War.
Wyatt, his role, is on indefinite disability. Brain injuries can be so unpredictable. Corat's mostly enjoying this, having to spend very little effort to maintain his role.
On the off-chance you're asking, Ryuki's not on vacation. He happens to be on a flight on a Sunday evening. Though given that, I'd like to retcon a tiny bit. He's flying from Hawaii to San Francisco, not the other way around. It was Friday redeye SFO-HNL, and Sunday early evening HNL-SFO.

All folks will reconvene Monday 5pm on some flimsy excuse, likely at the bar downstairs from Pacific World. That was the plan until we got DaLilama on board, so I'm having to adjust a little for that. Does Glen do deliveries?

-------------edit-----------
Post #30 yes it seems I got the date wrong. The call from Sunae and Corat would be Saturday evening. The call from Ryuki, Friday late night or Sunday night, up to you.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 06-15-2011 at 01:31 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:05 AM   #79
alexondria

(And don't forget Zahira was trying to call Mitch too. Her's was Saturday afternoon.)
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:59 PM   #80
Puck

Quote:
OOC If I understand the question correctly...
Phone call takes place the Sunday after [the Friday where the demons pinned you inside]. Sunae is welcome to correct me, within the limits of the flight schedule. Otherwise it's different background noise, though he'll be able to talk more freely.
Though that's not very nice of them to take two days to check on their buddy in L.A. Maybe we could just 'float' the day and time...
Corat...angels take vacations? Light duty really, minding the welfare of his recruits and getting up to speed on functioning with War.
Wyatt, his role, is on indefinite disability. Brain injuries can be so unpredictable. Corat's mostly enjoying this, having to spend very little effort to maintain his role.
On the off-chance you're asking, Ryuki's not on vacation. He happens to be on a flight on a Sunday evening. Though given that, I'd like to retcon a tiny bit. He's flying from Hawaii to San Francisco, not the other way around. It was Friday redeye SFO-HNL, and Sunday early evening HNL-SFO.

All folks will reconvene Monday 5pm on some flimsy excuse, likely at the bar downstairs from Pacific World. That was the plan until we got DaLilama on board, so I'm having to adjust a little for that. Does Glen do deliveries?

-------------edit-----------
Post #30 yes it seems I got the date wrong. The call from Sunae and Corat would be Saturday evening. The call from Ryuki, Friday late night or Sunday night, up to you.

OOC: Oh, yes sorry. I thought it was Ryuki who was calling Mitch the 2nd time, ie that he was back from HI and wanted to meet up. So can we call it Friday night after Mitch chats with Ryuki as he heads out to HI? And Mich is heading out to find Dennis?

Tags
in nomine