Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 05-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #21
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: My In Nomine wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
tHEhERETIC -- don't count against being able to get someone else to go with you on the Crunch side. If you don't put in a lot of NPCs-who-need-character-sheets, it's possible that the Crunch required would be minimal. I'd have to double-check the recommended books (from the wishlist, er, list) to be sure, of course.
Fair enough. I'll find the writer's guide after work. Meanwhile, assuming the WG is clear as mud, can you recommend a Gameable Place that you consider particularly well done, i.e. something I can model after?
Old 05-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #22
tbug

Quote:
I note that the What's Going On With Eli plot thread (totally optional for GMs, of course) was also supposed to be part of the postulated Grigori/CotG cycle. >_>

But adventures/cycles... Alas, they do not sell very well. *sigh*
But that's the beauty of Kickstarter, in that you can tell us "the Grigori and Eli stuff will cost $X" and then you sit back and wait to see if we pony up $X. As an added benefit, you can keep selling the stuff after the Kickstarter period is over, so you have a product that's all profit.

Assuming, of course, we pony up the $X.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #23
Drop Bear

I'd like to see the Pyrimid Articles Archive restored (since I don't like passing around my vintage DTF Mags) and also a complication of the articles as a PDF
Drop Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #24
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbug View Post
But that's the beauty of Kickstarter, in that you can tell us "the Grigori and Eli stuff will cost $X" [...] Assuming, of course, we pony up the $X.
Ah, there's the assumption. *wist, wist*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop Bear View Post
I'd like to see the Pyrimid Articles Archive restored [...] and also a complication of the articles as a PDF
You know, that might be an interesting thing to suggest as a Kickstarter over on the Pyramid boards. Not just for In Nomine, but... "How much do we have to bribe Steven to compile articles from Pyramid on [topic X]?" (As always, when speaking of such things, I have my Fannish hat on. No guarantees, no "but beeeeeeth saaaaaaid" at Steven, etc. *wry*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Fair enough. I'll find the writer's guide after work. Meanwhile, assuming the WG is clear as mud, can you recommend a Gameable Place that you consider particularly well done, i.e. something I can model after?
The WG shouldn't be muddy! Part of the guidelines suggests a particular GURPS purchase, http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/h...sanceflorence/ (sample at http://e23.sjgames.com/media/SJG37-0660_preview.pdf) -- the only worked example -- and even just looking at the preview is suggestive. You could probably ignore most of the characters (if you're doing modern day) and/or do some very minor stat guidelines for a GURPSier person to help with, and focus more on history, a rough map, local politics (legit and underworld), and interesting locations.

Note that I can only suggest this stuff -- if the location doesn't appeal enough to the Powers That Be, I can't make sadfaces at them. But I do have my fingers crossed!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #25
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop Bear View Post
I'd like to see the Pyrimid Articles Archive restored (since I don't like passing around my vintage DTF Mags) and also a complication of the articles as a PDF
Added to the big list...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #26
Samiloth

I would love new In Nomine books and would buy them for sure. In Nomine is one of the games I enjoy the most, I tell people to buy the (theme-) books just to have something great to read. It isn't many games you can read just because it is damn enjoyable to read the material.

I will throw myself over any new books containing theme and more about the world. I would love some info about historical superiors, and it would be nice to have a real write-up on superiors like Malphas and the other poor guys that only have some notes about them.

I would however not be especially interested in new rules (I wouldn't mind tweaking and re-balancing though). I am kind of fond of the rules, though I have modified them for my campaign (I did for example introduce using normal playing cards for combat to get more interesting fencing scenes in our renaissance setting). Anyway, I like the foundation for the In Nomine rules so new ones are only a downer.

With that said... I will buy a new rulebook if you release one (unless it is D20, I never touch D20). Even if it isn't something I hope for, I do love In Nomine and must support the game in hope of getting more books released.

My wishlist in short: Superiors and anything else that deal with theme and the world, such as history (Yes!). Adventures (okay). Rules (meh... I will support you guys because hopefully you will not write more books like this).
Samiloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #27
robkelk
Untitled

A couple of thoughts:

(1) Should Uriel's writeup be in Superiors: Dead and Absent or Outcasts: The Tsayadim? I'd lean toward the latter if this was to happen tomorrow (we'd have to copy Purity's Attunements and Disonance Condition from the EPG into Outcasts: The Tsayadim anyway), but there are advantages to the former.

(2) As long as we're wishing for books of Minor Choirs and Minor Bands, why not add chapters on Relievers, Imps, and Gremlins to those two books as appropriate?
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #28
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

The relievers, imps, and gremlins have some amount of data already in extant books, don't they? I.e., what more would you want of a "writeup" on those? (Which isn't to say that I wouldn't put it into my smoke and mirrors vaporware "plans," but I'd want a case made for it besides, "Well, it would pad out the book nicely." O;> )
Old 07-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #29
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
The relievers, imps, and gremlins have some amount of data already in extant books, don't they? I.e., what more would you want of a "writeup" on those? (Which isn't to say that I wouldn't put it into my smoke and mirrors vaporware "plans," but I'd want a case made for it besides, "Well, it would pad out the book nicely." O;> )
One possibility would be to give samples of the different uses that higher powers would put a reliever/demonling to -- an Angel of Flowers is going to have different assignments for a minor spirit than an Angel of Judgment will, for example.

(And I used "minor spirit" deliberately; I don't think it's inconceivable that Michael or his servants might have blackmailed a few demonlings into performing acitvities for the other side.)

And since we seem to have some folks who like to play in the gray zones of IN, is it possible for a minor spirit to fledge without the aid of a Superior? If so, how many of these "shadow celestials" are out there and why wouldn't they be seeking out a patron?

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:21 AM   #30
Omegonthesane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
One possibility would be to give samples of the different uses that higher powers would put a reliever/demonling to -- an Angel of Flowers is going to have different assignments for a minor spirit than an Angel of Judgment will, for example.

(And I used "minor spirit" deliberately; I don't think it's inconceivable that Michael or his servants might have blackmailed a few demonlings into performing acitvities for the other side.)
Or that Novalis or David might have put them on sufficiently non-crucial "are you worth Redeeming" tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
And since we seem to have some folks who like to play in the gray zones of IN, is it possible for a minor spirit to fledge without the aid of a Superior? If so, how many of these "shadow celestials" are out there and why wouldn't they be seeking out a patron?
Fledging itself is automatic and involuntary upon reaching the needed Forces. So the question becomes whether you can "grow" Forces without a Superior.
Omegonthesane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta, wish list