Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 12-22-2009, 09:53 AM   #21
ladyarcana55

Default Re: How many demons in Hell total and what do they do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Fleurity, Prince of Drugs, is a Punisher.
Really? I thought he was an Impudite?
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:49 AM   #22
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Really? I thought he was an Impudite?
Nope.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:54 AM   #23
ladyarcana55

Ah...Thank you.

But other than those two, there aren't any Habalite Princes? Why do you think that is?
Old 12-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #24
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Habbalah mostly irritate Lucifer? That'd be my guess.

Another possibility is that, given enough power, many Habbalah look at themselves and go, "Hm, I'm an angel." They look at Hell and go, "Ooo, lookit all the demons!" They look at their Band nature and go, "LET'S TEST THE DEMONS TO DESTRUCTION!"

Then the rest of Hell comes and beats them with sticks until their Forces stop twitching and the other Habbalah look all innocent and "Dude, I don't know this guy. I never knew this guy. He was always a little weird, y'know? And besides, we never met."

(And then there's the Stormsfic series, down a ways at http://www.io.com/~arcangel/fic.html -- but that's AU "Angst! For everyone!")
Old 12-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #25
ladyarcana55

Thank you!

And I just realized that I seriously shifted the topic of this thread (sorry JCD!) so allow me to put it back on track...

I can see why there would be more Djinn than Calabim, since you don't have to worry about stuff breaking around them when they are just standing around. Also, they aren't very ambitious so you don't have to worry about them eventually wresting control of things, and they like to commit random acts of violence.

But...

There HAS to be cases where the Prince involved simply doesn't care. For instance, Belial. I think I remember it being said that he totally loves Calabim, so it would stand to reason that he would prefer to have them in his camp than other Bands.So, would HE have the most Calabim? Or would Furfur? I can see Harcore having a lot of them as well.

As for other Bands, needless to say the one Prince who would have the most Lilim is Lilith (surprise surprise) with Andrealphus being #2. Who would have the most Habbalahs, Impudites, Djinn, Balseraphs? I am curious now.

And, of course, you know this will branch out to the other side eventually.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #26
hcobb

Quote:
As for other Bands, needless to say the one Prince who would have the most Lilim is Lilith (surprise surprise) with Andrealphus being #2. Who would have the most Habbalahs, Impudites, Djinn, Balseraphs? I am curious now.
Are all Lilim loyal to mommy and just lent out? Otherwise she would have very few of them.

Note that Dom/Asmo (whatever you want to call him) needs to run his triads so that skews his mix.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #27
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Canonically, I would bet on Andre and Nybbas having far more Lilim than Lilith herself. As hcobb points out, a *lot* of them are "hired out." I would bet that relatively few demons of any Band serve the Word of Freedom directly, just as relatively few angels of any Choir serve Creation directly.

As far as who has the most, the key would seem to be: What Word best exemplifies what you are? (As a Heavenly example, Zadkiel is the uber-Cherub, Litheroy the ultimate Seraph and Laurence practically the prototype of a Malakite.)

Given that, my conjecture would be:

Balseraphs .... opportunity to lie and "twist reality" .... Nybbas, Malphas, Beleth

Djinn .... Opportunity to stalk and/or obsess .... Asmodeus, Baal, Alaemon

Calabim .... Chance to destroy .... Belial, Haagenti, Saminga

Habbalah ... Chance to punish ... Asmodeus, Beleth, Kronos

Lilim ... Chance to make deals, have a flashy life and control ... Andrealphus, Nybbas, Valefor, Lilith, Fleurity (Mammon used to be high on the list, but in canon, a lot of Tempters have abandoned that ship. EDIT: Drop Fleurity from the list.)

Shedim -- Chance to wreck people's lives ... Kobal, Malphas, Kronos

Impudites -- Chance to make people like you ... Andrealphus, Nybbas, Kobal, Fleurity

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"

Last edited by Rocket Man; 12-24-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #28
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Djinn .... Opportunity to stalk and/or obsess ....Alaemon
Why Alaemon? For Djinn?

Quote:
Lilim ... Fleurity
I thought Lilim didn't like Fluerity at all because drugs often enslave people to their addictions?
Old 12-24-2009, 05:27 PM   #29
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Why Alaemon? For Djinn?
Because anyone working for Alaemon has a chance to ferret out hidden secrets -- it's an ideal situation for someone whose sole remaining purpose left is to find things. Also, a Djinn likes sitting all by themselves and making the rest of the world leave them alone ... they'd just as soon be hidden, and in my opinion, Secrets rewards that.

Quote:
I thought Lilim didn't like Fleurity at all ...
You're absolutely right -- they don't. (Also because drug-users tend to have one-note Needs; it gets rather boring and depressing, especially since the Need kills them in the end if they do it "right.") This was an instance of my speculation outrunning canon.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #30
ladyarcana55

So here is my guess for Andrealphus' breakdown...

Impudites 25%
They get people to relax around them and like them. Enough said

Lilim 15%
Because of their rarity. Andre would have them all of he could, I am guessing.

Calabim 8%
You always need muscles but destroying things and beating them up does not make for a good time, in most people's eyes

Djinn 18%
This may be a little high but I am thinking of those 'obsessed, stalkers'. They have to come from somewhere

Balseraph 18%
Sometimes, all you need are the right words to get someone to give in to their desires

Habbalah 10%
Annoying with the whole 'angel' thing, but they can enhance a person's feeling of desire and other things.

Shedim 6%
They may be disgusting but they can really break down a person's moral scruples like nothing else!

Does this sound about right to anyone?

Tags
hell