Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #51
Humabout

Default Re: GURPS Grand Unified Hit Location Table

Thanks, Pudding!

Spine is also missing crippling effects - Bad Back (Severe) and Lame (Paraplegic). Digestive Tract is missing the word "infection"; I think it got cut off.

[EDIT]
Not to derail this thread, but is it odd that being stabbed/shot in the heart isn't any more immediately lethal than being ganked in the kidney or liver? I would think that there should at least be a HT roll to avoid cardiac arrest. From some brief websurfing, it looks like it should be quite lethal; one paper on penetrating cardiac trauma covers a study where of 105 patients who lasted long enough to see a doctor, only 33% survived. I haven't seen how many are DOA compared to other "Vitals" hits, though.

Free Stuff:
Dungeon Action!
Totem Spirits

My Blog: Above the Flatline.

Last edited by Humabout; 05-20-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Humabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #52
JCurwen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humabout View Post
Not to derail this thread, but is it odd that being stabbed/shot in the heart isn't any more immediately lethal than being ganked in the kidney or liver? I would think that there should at least be a HT roll to avoid cardiac arrest. From some brief websurfing, it looks like it should be quite lethal; one paper on penetrating cardiac trauma covers a study where of 105 patients who lasted long enough to see a doctor, only 33% survived. I haven't seen how many are DOA compared to other "Vitals" hits, though.
tbone has a rule like this in his excellent GULLIVER rules in the section Internal Injury. To quote it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone (Heart attack)
Any major injury to the heart creates risk of heart attack. Let any damage of HP points or greater (including crushing!) directed against the heart force a roll vs HT to avoid a heart attack. This roll is at -4 for HTx2 damage, -8 for HTx3 or greater damage.

Failure means a minor heart attack. Failure by 4 or more or a critical failure is a major heart attack, and failure by 8 or more is fatal. Minor heart attacks do 2d damage and stun you (roll HT each turn to recover; a critical miss brings on a major attack). Major heart attacks do 6d damage and incapacitate you. Multiply damage for either attack by your Linear Scale, so it's appropriate for your size.

Make a HT roll for crippling if you survive a major heart attack. Failure leaves behind (1dx5) points of physical or mental disabilities.
(Since that was back in 3rd Ed time, convert HT to HP in the appropriate places).

In Vital target sizes​, also in tbone's GULLIVER, he additionally suggests increasing the heart's injury modifier from x3 to x4, but I think that may just be a bit too harsh, and the heart, despite it's great value as a vital organ, is no brain. If I was going to set it apart, I'd maybe bump it up to x3.5. I could see having the heart be a x4 (heck, maybe even x5) if you use a house rule I've seen floating around (to which I'm partial) that you only use the injury modifier for the Vitals (not the Brain) to determine bleeding, not multiply the HP of injury.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #53
martinl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Emily, have I ever told you that you are my hero?
She's not only Bruno, she's also Boots! And possibly Bugs Potter as well.
martinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #54
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

There's this rule from High Tech p. 69 for the sublocations.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #55
Celti

Little bit of thread necromancy here, but Loadouts: Low-Tech Armour gives us a canonical Face sub-location table. I'd love to see an updated PDF.

ETA: Wait a minute, either it's already been updated or she had the same table as in Loadouts. Sorry for the noise!
Celti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:17 AM   #56
Rasputin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celti View Post
Little bit of thread necromancy here, but Loadouts: Low-Tech Armour gives us a canonical Face sub-location table. I'd love to see an updated PDF.

ETA: Wait a minute, either it's already been updated or she had the same table as in Loadouts. Sorry for the noise!
There might be cause for noting the rules for attacking inner thigh, however.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:48 AM   #57
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celti View Post
I have psychic powers. Mwah hah hah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
I'll go buy the PDF asap and add it; I'm out of town so theres an access problem but it should get done this weekend.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:47 PM   #58
Bruno

Version 2.2 is up, it contains the following errata, plus some spelling errors, rewordings, and general jumping-up-and-down-on to try and make more space.

Inevitably, SJG is going to make more hit locations. :P

Quote:
Horror p. 30
Also
  • The multiplier for damage to limb veins/arteries should be .5 less for corr. and cutting.
  • Spine is missing imp in the restrictions column.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humabout View Post
Spine is also missing crippling effects - Bad Back (Severe) and Lame (Paraplegic). Digestive Tract is missing the word "infection"; I think it got cut off.
Quote:
There's this rule from High Tech p. 69 for the sublocations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:33 PM   #59
chandley

I did this with all the body shapes as well (Avian, Arachnoid, Cancroid, etc), but couldnt figure out how this didnt fall afoul of SJG Online Use policy... Thought it might make a great Pyramid Article though, perhaps that should be explored?
Old 08-22-2014, 02:42 PM   #60
Captain Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Version 2.2 is up, it contains the following errata, plus some spelling errors, rewordings, and general jumping-up-and-down-on to try and make more space.
There is a formatting issue. The top of page two runs into the bottom of page 1.
Captain Joy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
guhlt, hit location, table