Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-10-2016, 10:26 AM   #11
Wavefunction

Default Re: [After The End] Cultural Background Lenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
For what it's worth, ATE takes the tack that computers are either going to be (A) corrupt up enough that you'll have to use Computer Programming to get them working, (B) secure enough that you'll have to use Computer Programming to hack them (like robots!), or (C) so advanced that you don't really need any skill to use them -- just talk to them.

That's why Computer Operation isn't one of the recommended skills. That said, if you want computers to have a much greater presence in your game than ATE assumes, you could add in Computer Operation and Computer Hacking so that "the computer nerd" becomes its own niche.
I figured it was likely enough to come up to be included in the lens. Do you have any particular advice when it comes to making background lenses for this setting, ideas for new ones, or thoughts on the usefulness of them?

Here are a couple more:

Settler [20]
You're a good, honest, hard-working, salt of the earth type fellow. You found a spot of land to call your own, then put in the kind of time and effort required to make it into a home.

Advantages [15]
15 points chosen from among ST +1 [10], HT +1 [10], Animal Empathy [5], Animal Friend 1-3 [5/level], Common Sense [10], Contact Group (Other Settlers) [Varies], Claim to Hospitality [1 to 10], Green Thumb 1-3 [5/level]
Skills [5]
Farming (A) IQ -1 [1]. • Choose four of Animal Handling (A) IQ -1 [1], Carpentry (E) IQ [1], Cooking (A) IQ -1 [1], Current Affairs (Any) (E) IQ [1], Naturalist (H) IQ -2 [1], Packing (A) IQ -1 [1], Riding (A) DX -1 [1], Sewing (E) DX [1], Veterinary (H) IQ -2 [1], or raise one of the above skills by one.

Escaped Slave [20]
You've been taken, beaten, bruised, and forced to work in the worst of conditions with little food or water. It may have been hard, but it's made you tougher than old rope. Now you've escaped, and you're determined never to be held captive again.

Advantages [15]
15 points chosen from among ST +1 [10], HT +1 [10], Will +1 or +2 [5 or 10], DR 1 (Tough Skin [5], Hard to Kill [2/level], Hard to Subdue [2/level], High Pain Threshold [10], Less Sleep 1-4 [2/level], or Rapid Healing [5].
Skills [5]
Choose five of Brawling (E) DX [1], Escape (H) DX -2 [1], Hiking (A) HT -1 [1], Knife (E) DX [1], Lifting (A) HT -1 [1], Running (A) HT -1 [1], Scrounging (E) Per [1], or raise one of the above skills by one.
Wavefunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 01:39 PM   #12
PK

Default Re: [After The End] Cultural Background Lenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavefunction View Post
I figured it was likely enough to come up to be included in the lens. Do you have any particular advice when it comes to making background lenses for this setting, ideas for new ones, or thoughts on the usefulness of them?
Just what I've already put forth in Chapter 2 of ATE1 -- I tried to include every trait that I thought might be even slightly useful in the game, so anything that doesn't appear on those lists was left out for a reason. I'll be happy to expound on any specific reason if one isn't clear, though.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
after the end