Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-06-2016, 12:45 PM   #21
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: After the End products I would buy immediately

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
thats cause I looked at what DF had and listed those lol. After all, what else could you want that DF doesn't have already? an ATE version would simply add higher TL stuff.
And weirder tech stuff... and cheap/damaged stuff... and possibly mutated living equipment...
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:26 AM   #22
Greg 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
That's a bit like the Dungeon Fantasy supplement list. It will be interesting to see if After the End sells like Dungeon Fantasy, since SJG's experience of sales of post-apocalypse GURPS material hasn't been that encouraging.
What a fascinating post of Kromm's!

It makes sense. On the bookshelves, I see a lot more fantasy and space sci-fi than post-apocalyptic fiction.

Still, one reason why past post-apocalyptic work might not have sold as well as others is that so many of the fantasy and space sci-fi books are toolkits, easily raidable for multiple settings.

ATE 1 is nicely generic. I was looking for a supplement that would support everything from Mad Max to the nuttier editions of Gamma World, and it does.
Greg 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:31 PM   #23
Fossilized Rappy

I'd definitely love to see a book of more weird jury-rigged technology. While we already have things like the zip gun and makeshift flamethrower from the Dirty Tech sidebars in GURPS High-Tech, the pipe rifles from last month's Pyramid, and the rebar and concrete club from ATE1 itself, there's always room for more improvised implements. It could be especially nice to have some more "out there" cinematic options as well, with things akin to Fallout 3's railway rifle and Rock-It Launcher.
Fossilized Rappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
after the end