Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 06-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #11
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: The future of Munchkin Bites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonetm View Post
Bites! has Powers. And it's the only set to date to not have Classes (only Races).
Cough Zombies Mojos cough...

:-)

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:07 AM   #12
bonetm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Cough Zombies Mojos cough...

:-)
Well, almost only =P

And maybe that would be a good addition to Bites!, a "Class-like" thingie. It could mean a change of pace in the game, add some color with new references, and also it could mean a new breath of life on the line.

Too bad it won't happen anytime soon.
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:18 PM   #13
Apocalypse Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Only one third of the people who replied to the "which sets do you play regularly?" poll said Bites was one of those sets -- and that's here, where we have a concentration of dedicated (dare I say fanatical?) Munchkin players. Additionally, Bites is at its core a parody of a barely supported game (World of Darkness).

I'm not even sure if we will reprint Bites 2 when it runs out next. Bites 3 really isn't on the table.
Okay, the issue being with sales totally makes sense. What do you mean by barely supported game though?
Apocalypse Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:07 AM   #14
Cpt. Sqweky

I don't know what Andrew means, but I would say that it has to do with the fact that WW now pretty much mostly does PoD instead of regular printed books, and none of the major lines for the nWoD have nearly the amount of sourcebooks that the oWoD had back in its heyday. (AFAIK)
Cpt. Sqweky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #15
Apocalypse Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Sqweky View Post
I don't know what Andrew means, but I would say that it has to do with the fact that WW now pretty much mostly does PoD instead of regular printed books, and none of the major lines for the nWoD have nearly the amount of sourcebooks that the oWoD had back in its heyday. (AFAIK)
Oh yeah, White Wolf (well actually Onyx Path, which is White Wolf's rebranded descendent with mostly the same people behind it) does Print on Demand exclusively now, but that's just because (from what I understand) they can do it more economically that way and don't see a future in brick-and-mortar gaming shops. But they're still publishing books for the new World of Darkness at a steady rate, including the recent release of a nWoD version of Mummy. They're also doing 20th anniversary editions of their classic World of Darkness titles with mechanics overhauls. Really, the reason I think WW/OP feels less supported now than it has in the past is that it operates pretty exclusively through Drivethrurpg and Kickstarter, which many gamers don't use.

Sorry if I'm veering too far away from the topic of Munchkin. I got a chance to play Apocalypse last weekend, by the way! It was a lot of fun by itself and blended with Zombie, although we never came too close to opening the 7th Seal (and I won both times aww yeah).
Apocalypse Meow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bites!, onyx path, white wolf, world of darkness, zombies