Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2018, 05:30 AM   #1
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default More info on the upcoming Pocket Box project.

We continue to move forward with our plans to create reproductions of classic Pocket Box games.

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/8...cket-box-games
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:08 AM   #2
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: More info on the upcoming Pocket Box project.

Got to look at something in the office this morning:

https://twitter.com/SJGames/status/1063095861293539328
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 03:58 PM   #3
StGermain
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Default Re: More info on the upcoming Pocket Box project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Got to look at something in the office this morning:

https://twitter.com/SJGames/status/1063095861293539328
I have my originals still!
StGermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:45 PM   #4
adm
 
adm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: MO, U.S.A.
Default Re: More info on the upcoming Pocket Box project.

A serious question, other than the box and the old style sheet of counters, how much would the Car Wars Pocket Box differ from the recent Car Wars Classic box set (SJG1400 )?
__________________
Xenophilia is Dr. Who. Plus Lecherous is Jack Harkness.- Anaraxes
adm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:51 PM   #5
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: More info on the upcoming Pocket Box project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adm View Post
A serious question, other than the box and the old style sheet of counters, how much would the Car Wars Pocket Box differ from the recent Car Wars Classic box set (SJG1400 )?
Pretty big differences. The Car Wars Classic box (first released in 1990) was distilled from the 1989 Compendium. The Pocket Box was much closer to the original release.

There's overlap, yes, but the two are different.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:20 PM   #6
adm
 
adm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: MO, U.S.A.
Default Re: More info on the upcoming Pocket Box project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Pretty big differences. The Car Wars Classic box (first released in 1990) was distilled from the 1989 Compendium. The Pocket Box was much closer to the original release.

There's overlap, yes, but the two are different.
That sounds cool, I never pulled out my old Pocket Box and ran a side by side.
__________________
Xenophilia is Dr. Who. Plus Lecherous is Jack Harkness.- Anaraxes
adm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:15 AM   #7
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: More info on the upcoming Pocket Box project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adm View Post
That sounds cool, I never pulled out my old Pocket Box and ran a side by side.
The number of pages in each is the first big indication that there are dramatic differences between the two.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:32 PM   #8
Magesmiley
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Snohomish, WA
Default Re: More info on the upcoming Pocket Box project.

Which version of the pocket box rules are being included? I seem to recall there being some errata too.
__________________
Dynamax Designs, Designing quality since 2035.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:05 AM   #9
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: More info on the upcoming Pocket Box project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magesmiley View Post
Which version of the pocket box rules are being included? I seem to recall there being some errata too.
We will post version info for each title.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.