Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 09-22-2018, 12:34 PM   #1
Chris Goodwin

Default The Road Trip (aka TFT Autoduel)

On the Car Wars board, as often happens, there's talk of roleplaying in Car Wars. I mentioned the similarities over there between Car Wars and TFT, namely the fact that they both have two or three (or more) games in one set of rules. And in my brain, one thing led to another...

Stupid brain.

Anyway, The Road Trip is what I'm going to call an autoduelling version of TFT, or at least a set of house rules for that. It won't be a strict conversion of Car Wars vehicles into TFT terms, except as necessary to get usable cars in TFT.

For starters: one TFT hex will equal one square in Car Wars.

List of talents to follow.

I've started a subreddit for discussion of INWO and Illuminati. Check it out!

Last edited by Chris Goodwin; 09-24-2018 at 01:59 PM.
Chris Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 01:16 PM   #2
Chris Goodwin

Default Re: The Road Trip

Most of the talents are unchanged. Physicker becomes Paramedic; Master Physicker becomes Doctor. Mechanician likewise becomes Mechanic. Alchemy does not exist unless your autoduelling universe includes magic.

New talents are as follows:

IQ 8:

Driving (type): The types are Cars, Motorcycles, and Big Rigs. Each one is one slot.

Pistols (1)

Rifles (1)

Shotguns (1)

IQ 10:

Pilot (type) (2): Types are Helicopter, Small Fixed Wing, Large Fixed Wing.

Small Arms (2): Includes pistols, rifles, shotguns. No prequisite; if you have one of the single categories from IQ 8 it costs 1 slot to go to this. If your IQ is 10+, and you already have two or more of the singles, you automatically trade those for this. You get your extra slot back if you had all three.

Old 09-22-2018, 01:32 PM   #3
Chris Goodwin

Default Re: The Road Trip

IQ 8:

Basic Vehicle Weapons (1): This gives you familiarity with standardized automotive gunnery panels for 1-3 vehicles, typically your daily driver(s). You can point and shoot with basic combat familiarity.

IQ 10:

Advanced Automotive Gunnery (1): Prerequisite: Basic Vehicle Weapons. You're familiar with all known automotive gunnery panels. Also you know advanced functions such as reconfiguring weapon links electronically, switching weapons between positions, and so on. You also get +1 to hit with vehicle weapons.