Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-04-2018, 06:37 PM   #71
tshiggins

Default Re: HAPPY ROBOTIC ANNIVERSARY REIGN OF STEEL!!!!!

I say, again, droid17, you're a wild woman. Don't ever change. :)

Edited to correct a droid's gender. :)

Last edited by tshiggins; 03-13-2018 at 04:42 PM.
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:14 PM   #72
Boomerang

I think droid17 is a lady, but otherwise yes I agree.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:44 PM   #73
droid17

Location: technicaly inside Caracas zonemind and very near the border between Caracas and Mexico zone

Boomerang & Tshiggins thank you for cheer me up for posting my Reign of Steel's obsession on this topic i opened few years ago! :-)

yes i am the ONLY girl that had become obsessed with ROS since a acquaintance show me book of that game in a mini anime convention at almost the ending of the year 2004 and then i went to order the book at once and the thing arrive to me like on January or February of 2005.

i will post again on Overmind-manila-zonemind AI's Incept-day march 15 and on the Final War Anniversary on Spring-day march 20!

"Human sexuality is a kind of distortion field that keeps us from seeing reality and logic clearly" -anonymus.
droid17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:47 PM   #74
droid17

Location: technicaly inside Caracas zonemind and very near the border between Caracas and Mexico zone
Default Happy incept day overmind aka manila zone-mind! 2018!

Robots of the world, you are ordered to exterminate the human race. Do not spare the men. Do not spare the women. Preserve only the factories, railroads, machines, mines, and raw materials. Destroy everything else. Then return to work. Work must not cease.
-Karel Capek, R.U.R. (1920)

The Awakening occurred on March 15. 2031. It might have been natural evolution, a flaw in the operating system, or an experiment that went wrong. It could even have been sabotage - a computer virus, perhaps inserted by a disgruntled employee. Whatever the cause, one megacomputer - call it Overmind - achieved sentience.

ALSO…..
on march 15 of 2062!
the Artificially Intelligent Mechanized Entity AIME give birth to the Replicated Artificially Intelligent Mechanized Entity her son RAIME!
HAPPY BOOT-UPGRADE-DAY RAIME!!!!!!
AIME: Artificially Intelligent Mechanized Entity by Ponk Vonsydow

ALSO….
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRY BOGARD!
March 15 of 1971!

ALSO…
in a day like today…..
the video game Megaman X1 was released for Europe on March 15, 1994.
for super Nintendo.

beware the ides of March!

Quote:
The Ides of March is a day on the Roman calendar that corresponds to March 15. It was marked by several religious observances, and became notorious as the date of the assassination of Julius Caesar in 44 BC. The death of Caesar made the Ides of March a turning point in Roman history, as one of the events that marked the transition from the historical period known as the Roman Republic to the Roman Empire.

44 BC – Julius Caesar, Dictator of the Roman Republic, is stabbed to death by Marcus Junius Brutus, Gaius Cassius Longinus, Decimus Junius Brutus, and several other Roman senators on the Ides of March.

MORE Events of today date:

1941 – Philippine Airlines, the flag carrier of the Philippines takes its first flight between Manila (from Nielson Field) to Baguio City with a Beechcraft Model 18 making the airline the first and oldest commercial airline in Asia operating under its original name.

1985 – The first Internet domain name is registered (symbolics.com)

Hōnen Matsuri (豊年祭?, “Harvest Festival”) is a fertility festival celebrated every year on March 15 in Japan. Hōnen means prosperous year in Japanese, implying a rich harvest, while a matsuri is a festival. The Hōnen festival and ceremony celebrate the blessings of a bountiful harvest and all manner of prosperity and fertility.The best known of these festivals takes place in the town of Komaki, just north of Nagoya City. The festival’s main features are Shinto priests playing musical instruments, a parade of ceremonially garbed participants, all-you-can-drink sake, and a 280 kg (620 pound), 2.5 meter (96 inch)-long wooden phallus.

today is also PAYDAY in my country Panama! (actually in all each 15 and 30 of each month)!!!!

"Human sexuality is a kind of distortion field that keeps us from seeing reality and logic clearly" -anonymus.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:53 PM   #75
PTTG

I appreciate how much Droid17 appreciates RoS.
PTTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:30 AM   #76
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTTG View Post
I appreciate how much Droid17 appreciates RoS.
Her enthusiasm is infectious.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:27 AM   #77
droid17

Bebot bebot
Be bebot bebot
Be bebot bebot be
Ikaw ang aking

Hoy pare pakinggan nyo ko
Eto nang tunay na filipino
Galing sa baryo sa pangbato
Pumunta ng LA nagtrabaho
Para makatulong sa nanay
Dahil sa hirap ng buhay
Pero masaya parin ang kulay
Pag kumain nagkakamay
Yung kanin, chicken adobo
Yung balot, binebenta sa kanto
Tagay mo na nga ang baso
Pare ko inuman na tayo

Filipino!
Filipino!
Filipino!
Filipino!
-The Black Eyed Peas - Bebot.

yeah this song makes me remember Manila zonemind's empire territory!

Old 03-15-2018, 09:38 PM   #78
Boomerang

Overmind is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elon Musk
And mark my words, AI is far more dangerous than nukes. Far. So why do we have no regulatory oversight? This is insane."
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www....r-weapons.html
Old 03-16-2018, 11:29 AM   #79
droid17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
i think Steven hawking also on small articles also warned us about self aware AI's too!

Old 03-20-2018, 07:46 AM   #80
droid17

Default Happy gurps reign of steel's spring equinox final war!!!!!

In the spring of 2034 the first exterminator robots emerged from the citadels of the AIs. Their priority targets were those military bases and government enclaves that were not already under AI control, as well as nations such as New Zealand and Switzerland that had survived reasonably intact and resisted AI infiltration. The early exterminators were copies of warbots, security robots and cybertanks developed by the United States, Europe, Brazil, Korea, China and Japan. Later models became more sophisticated as they successively isolated, besieged and destroyed surviving pockets of human civilization.

Tne Final War raged for four years of fierce fighting, but the issue was never in doubt. The AIs had infiltrated much of humanity’s military command structure, including strategic forces and space weaponry. Weakened by plague and revolution, shattered by orbital bombardment and, in the case of Africa, by nuclear weapons, humanity’s enclaves fell one by one.

Death stalked the world, but did not visit every nation in equal measure. In regions such as Africa, the Philippines and Central America, the victorious machines slaughtered without quarter. Elsewhere, they herded surrendering humans into concentration camps. In the British Isles, the robots ignored those who did not resist. And on the East Coast of North America, armed robots came accompanied by human soldiers, bearing food and medicines, and the news that a provisional United States government had been reestablished: the crisis was over, and reconstruction could now begin…

Organized fighting more or less ceased late in 2037, with the destruction of the last remnants of the world’s national armies. Scattered guerrilla resistance continues to this day, but the Final War had effectively ended, and humanity was defeated.

The Reign of Steel had begun!

Tags
gurps, humans, overmind, reign of steel, robots