Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 04-03-2020, 10:20 AM   #1
Dalin

Default DFRPG Players' Bundle?

The social distancing guidelines are generating a lot of interest in online games. I'm currently running one DFRPG campaign with my regular group, another with a neighborhood family (one of whom, for his fiftieth birthday, requested that I "teach the whole family how to play a roleplaying game"), and I have two additional out-of-state groups who want to play as well. I'd like to spread the DFRPG love as far as I can. In terms of recommending what they need to buy before playing, I thought there was some sort of players' pack where you could just get Adventurers and Spells or something like that. Did I imagine that? I can't find any reference to it on Warehouse 23. (I do occasionally miss things that are right in front of my nose.)

While many of these folks won't balk at dropping $40 for the full boxed set of PDFs, some are on tighter budgets and might find that to be a barrier.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:32 PM   #2
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: DFRPG Players' Bundle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
I thought there was some sort of players' pack where you could just get Adventurers and Spells or something like that. Did I imagine that?
Adventurers and Spells were made available via Amazon Print on Demand. AFAIK they were never made available separately from the box set in PDF format, so you are likely misremembering what was made available.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 03:37 PM   #3
Proteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
I thought there was some sort of players' pack where you could just get Adventurers and Spells or something like that. Did I imagine that? I can't find any reference to it on Warehouse 23.
I believe one of the Kickstarter campaigns offered, as add-ons, individual copies of the booklets for use at the table, but they were print rather than PDF.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:15 PM   #4
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
I believe one of the Kickstarter campaigns offered, as add-ons, individual copies of the booklets for use at the table, but they were print rather than PDF.
Yes. And those two books are available in print-on-demand:

http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/ondemand/
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:40 PM   #5
Dalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Yes. And those two books are available in print-on-demand:

http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/ondemand/
Ahh, yes, I forgot about PoD. That was it. Thank you!
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:38 PM   #6
InexplicableVic

I wouldn't overlook Exploits for players as well. In fact, I think the "Player's Handbook" for DFRPG would be Adventurers, Exploits, and Spells. I even tried to get a hardbound copy of that very "Player's Handbook" tome made for myself because our group uses these books a lot around the table, and my copies are getting worn. But neither Bookbaby, nor Lulu (nor Barnes & Noble, as I recall) would print them.
InexplicableVic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dfrpg, warehouse 23