Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 07:34 PM   #331
Refplace

Default Re: The 2019 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread

Updated spec pages.
I left off Christopher Rice's entry here because I dont know whereto attribute it yet. I think its his prior announced TFT project but hope he will drop by to let us know.
Looks like GURPS Disasters Hurricane is still on track for this month or next.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 11-04-2019, 04:13 PM   #332
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Updated spec pages.
I left off Christopher Rice's entry here because I dont know whereto attribute it yet. I think its his prior announced TFT project but hope he will drop by to let us know.
I can say Marl Ankh-3 is a GURPS book. I probably should have noted that in my update.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Old 11-04-2019, 07:12 PM   #333
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher R. Rice View Post
I can say Marl Ankh-3 is a GURPS book. I probably should have noted that in my update.
Thank you! I now show you with two GURPS items in first draft status.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 11-15-2019, 10:08 AM   #334
Refplace

Christopher Rice has an item upfor playtest in the next 30 days or so, expect a title soon.
Kromm announced the title of one of his new works (or did he)... GURPS Power-Ups 9: Wouldnt You Like to know.
Which is either a joke or a detective/investigation power-up?
Either sounds good to me.

Finally the style guide is getting an update and changes that affect GURPS authors. Whomever sees it first please announce it here if its not posted on the main forums.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 11-15-2019, 12:36 PM   #335
Christopher R. Rice

I'll add that this playtest will be for SNO-51. I'm still editing/revising Marl Ankh-3.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Old 11-21-2019, 01:57 PM   #336
Refplace

And we have a release!
Looks like Kromm surprised us with Power-Ups 9: Alternate Attributes
Not even close to what I was thinking but off to the store right now!

I doubt we see Hurricanes next week (Thanksgiving) so seems like a Dec release for that Disasters tome.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 11-21-2019, 04:35 PM   #337
Refplace

Initial thoughts (I'll do a review after I have slept on it) for Alternate Attributes.
The first part of the book is not readily useful to most games but a great review, under the hood analysis, and history behind the pricing of things.

The second part of the book, starting somewhere in Chapter 2 works on ideas for advantages to attributes and separating attributes in ways that can change a game. This include Wealth as an attribute which reflects a Pyramid article and could be used with that, Charisma as an attribute and some ramifications I initially like, Magic as an attribute (similar to The Fifth Attribute article in Pyramid) with some other ideas.

Dividing up attributes has some useful ideas as well. I'll likely add Stun Points to my Supers campaign for example.
Finally the Fallout chapter also has uses for assigning new Talents.

Overall this is a good book if you like to tinker, but a heavy lift if thats not your thing.
If I write any more GURPS books I can see applying some of this material to certain ideas, perhaps in a better way than I had originally come up with.
Though they would probably be boxes for optional rules or new advantages.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 11-22-2019, 01:04 PM   #338
Refplace

Kromms post has an interesting tidbit.
"Steven Marsh and I worked on plans for something different and a little surprising."
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 11-28-2019, 01:35 PM   #339
Refplace

Updates made.
I made a few last night but waited till Kromm updated the GURPS News today to post a note about it.
We had two sneaky late releases last night, probably so staff could enjoy Thanksgiving. I hope they all do!
TFT Adventures and a Ogre Spacegamer bundle.

Some other progess noted but as the year comes to a close I could use some help by any insiders willing and able to.
There are two TFT adventures last listed as in editing. Are they part of the TFT Adventures just released?
I am pretty sure thats a different item from the Gaming Ballistic Adventure Groups, but not heard anything on them in awhile.
Speaking of Gaming Ballistic, they have been busy! A number of projects not listed as Published have come through Kickstarter and some on thier website, but remain in unpublished status here as this is the W23 thread and I'm waiting for that to happen here, or be told they wont be on W23.

Finally, there is a GURPS Sorcery item I think was actually a rumor about the one already published. Would love conformation on that so I can clean up the list before starting next years list.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 11-30-2019, 11:16 AM   #340
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
I am pretty sure thats a different item from the Gaming Ballistic Adventure Groups, but not heard anything on them in awhile.
Was waiting for actual news. The five TFT products from the "Four Perilous Journeys" project were shipped internationally a while ago, but finally went into the mail early this week: they're starting to surge into backers' hands today, and I'm starting to get "I got my loot!" from folks. So yay final fulfillment stages for that project.

Quote:
Speaking of Gaming Ballistic, they have been busy! A number of projects not listed as Published have come through Kickstarter and some on thier website, but remain in unpublished status here as this is the W23 thread and I'm waiting for that to happen here, or be told they wont be on W23.
I've got a lot on my plate right now finishing up the Nordlond Sagas adventures, though two books - Nordlondr Folk and Hand of Asgard - were distributed as preliminary files and are getting the once-over from backers now.

I intend to start the process to put ALL of my PDFs on W23 and DriveThruRPG over the Xmas break or just before, which is a new thing for me. Since many of my books get a dedicated offset print run and I print extras, DriveThru will NOT have a POD/Physical product option. If you want physical, you'll need to get it from me.

That doesn't preclude physical goods through W23, so I'll be talking with Phil V about that when I get some down time as well.

So "not yet, but soon" for W23 in both physical and PDF form; "not yet, but soon" for PDFs on DriveThru as well.
Closed Thread