Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #1001
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch nods "Just to clarify, my geas alone will get everyone else out or only if everyone swears a geas?"
"Who swears, lives. I may get generous on one or two but don't count on it."
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #1002
Dalillama
 
Dalillama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
The demon's eyes protest, but he kicks six Essence to Glen all the same. Ryuki's impressed and lets you see it on his face--nice dealmaking there. He straddles the demon he'd just taped. "(Two Essence), now." He doubted his caution in not needing more than that would impress, but that wasn't the point.

As he looked down at the demon, he noticed the reminder he'd henna'd on his own hand. The offer he'd made to Ash might have been premature, but he was too proud to take it back. If he lost the Will War, he'd have to trust the angels to bail him out.
Glen grins like a shark, and begins dragging his hogtied captive towards the escape route he thinks Nisroc is still guarding. "I think this could be the beginning of a profitable freindship, Ryuki. Ill be right with you as soon as the boss comes back out of there, or you're ready to go in. Meantime, I'll see about securing my gains."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #1003
Puck
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"Who swears, lives. I may get generous on one or two but don't count on it."
Mitch nods thoughtfuly "In that case, perhaps you could call off your minons and we can run the idea by the rest. It is rather hard to make a good deal in the middle of a battleground." He turns to Zarhirah "What do you think? Will you swear?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #1004
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Glen grins like a shark, and begins dragging his hogtied captive towards the escape route he thinks Nisroc is still guarding. "I think this could be the beginning of a profitable freindship, Ryuki. Ill be right with you as soon as the boss comes back out of there, or you're ready to go in. Meantime, I'll see about securing my gains."
As Glen arrives at the escape route, Nisroc is ambling back towards L.A., holsters dangling from one hand. "Oh, Dig's not going to like that," he says, pointing at the bound and wasp-bitten demon. "But at least you've subdued him." The demon protests--he wasn't expecting to be angel-bait.

Nisroc Sings for just a second; the Symphony thunders its protest. (that one was 8 pt, I'm pretty sure.) He points to the holsters. His lips do not move. Furthermore every member of the party can hear what he's about to think.

<<We got an assist from upstairs. Welcome to the Song of Battle--your thoughts are on a party line with everyone we brought through the door, and only the thoughts you 'think out loud' will transmit. It's like a radio they can't intercept. We can thank David for that one, who sends his regards. He didn't want to show up personally because it could escalate the situation here and while he doesn't mind collateral damage so much he'll respect a Mercurian like me on that count.

<<Yes Glen, Ryuki, I'm a Mercurian. I saw you trying to figure that out.

<<I also brought a ton of dart guns. Not just because they're less lethal than the bullet kind but because they're basically silent. We've made enough noise of both kinds here already. One dose will knock out your average human, two your average demon.

<<And one more little gift. He's loaned me Numinous Corpus: Stone. Which means with my transference abilities, I can pretty much turn any of you into that granite guy from the X-Men, to a greater or lesser degree. Just ask, from slightly toughened all the way to a solid stone statue.

<<Now I'm going to see--here's the camera back, Glen--what's happened while I was away.>>

<<Testing, testing,>> you hear Ryuki poking at the new system.

<<We're all going to stand around and have a nice talk with Laughing Boy and his bleeding and burnt little friends>> Corat transmits. <<Even the Malakite doesn't seem to want to smite.>>
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #1005
ladyarcana55
 
ladyarcana55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bellflower, CA
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
<<We're all going to stand around and have a nice talk with Laughing Boy and his bleeding and burnt little friends>> Corat transmits. <<Even the Malakite doesn't seem to want to smite.>>
<<I...DO. If you guys try to stop me, so help me, I will slap some sense back into you both.>>

Sunae moves to the demon rolling about on the ground and tries to stab him. She is ignoring any damage from the fire. In fact, she has a smile as if she is in rapture even as her skin, clothing and hair burn.

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 02-16-2012 at 10:35 PM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #1006
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
<<I do. If you guys try to stop me, so help me, I will slap some sense back into you both. Wait a minute...this doesn't count as a retreat?>>

Sunae moves to the demon rolling about on the ground and tries to stab him. She is ignoring any damage from the fire. In fact, she has a smile as if she is in rapture even as her skin, clothing and hair burn.
<<No>> Corat projects hesitantly <<We haven't gone anywhere.>>

As if picking up on the thread, Laughing Boy gestures to everyone to gather around, as though he were offering one giant group hug. "Come here everyone, come here. Talk to your Uncle Josh." He catches Sunae hacking at the once-mighty demon and tsks. "You. Lady with the flaming sword. You shall not assault anyone else now." He throws the weight of Forbidding behind his words.

((Sorry--he's just a big guy that way. CD 2 for 2 hours--Sunae may make one attempt/Will roll to fight anyone once. Also I phrased it narrowly enough that she can still give him a piece of her mind, verbally anyway.))

Alas, it is too late for the once-mighty demon, who looks like someone tenderized him and tossed him on a grill. Which is no doubt what his superior will do to him when he gets to Hell.
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 02-16-2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: snark!
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #1007
ladyarcana55
 
ladyarcana55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bellflower, CA
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
((Sorry--he's just a big guy that way. CD 2 for 2 hours--Sunae may make one attempt/Will roll to fight anyone once. Also I phrased it narrowly enough that she can still give him a piece of her mind, verbally anyway.))
((OOC: LOL...I edited my post as you were putting yours up. Sorry about that, it tends to happen when I do this at work.))

If Kane begins to walk towards him, she will grab his arm and pull him back

"What are you doing?!"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #1008
Dalillama
 
Dalillama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
As Glen arrives at the escape route, Nisroc is ambling back towards L.A., holsters dangling from one hand. "Oh, Dig's not going to like that," he says, pointing at the bound and wasp-bitten demon. "But at least you've subdued him." The demon protests--he wasn't expecting to be angel-bait.
Glen kicks him in the ribs. "Shut up, you. If I don't have any reason to keep you alive, I'm not going to."
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
<<We got an assist from upstairs. ...

<<I also brought a ton of dart guns. Not just because they're less lethal than the bullet kind but because they're basically silent. We've made enough noise of both kinds here already. One dose will knock out your average human, two your average demon.

<<And one more little gift. He's loaned me Numinous Corpus: Stone. Which means with my transference abilities, I can pretty much turn any of you into that granite guy from the X-Men, to a greater or lesser degree. Just ask, from slightly toughened all the way to a solid stone statue.

<<Now I'm going to see--here's the camera back, Glen--what's happened while I was away.>>

<<Testing, testing,>> you hear Ryuki poking at the new system.
<<I'll take both, if you would be so kind. It's always nice to have options. So far as I can tell, Sunae mopped the floor with these demons,>> He points to the demon at his feet. <<and this one surrendered. Two more are stuck in the door, and there was a godawful noise on every plane outside just now. I don't know where the leader went, she was gone when the darkness cleared. Some of our allies are gone too, and I don't know where they are either.>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
As if picking up on the thread, Laughing Boy gestures to everyone to gather around, as though he were offering one giant group hug. "Come here everyone, come here. Talk to your Uncle Josh."
<<The hell he says. I don't know about you guys, but I'm staying on this side of the ward.>>
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #1009
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Longmont, CO
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Kane doesn't fight under the influence of Harmony ... but he's not heading up to hug the demon either. Instead, he stands where he is, seemingly a laid-back unconcerned cowboy who just happens to have half his face burned off.

"All right. So we got a break in the action. No big deal," he says pleasantly. "You're not throwin' punches, I'm not throwin' flameboys. We're all bein' nice and reasonable, OK? I don't especially feel like huggin' your smilin' self, but hey, folks can disagree, right?"

He spreads his hands. "So, since we're all bein' reasonable ... take a look on the ground. Here and back by the side of the house. That's what happened with just two of us. Sure, you marked me up a bit, but I've seen worse."

"Thing is, what's gonna happen if you gotta face more than just me an' him? Or if things get ugly again? If you're smart, you'll give up now." His eye sees Sunae and her blade. " 'Cause I can guarantee, there's some folks 'round who ain't gonna be this nice. Not at all."

As he talks, he silently and calmly updates Nisroc on the situation, blessing David in the back of his mind for the gifts he's given.
__________________
“It's not railroading if you offer the PCs tickets and they stampede to the box office, waving their money. Metaphorically speaking”
--Elizabeth McCoy, In Nomine Line Editor

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"

Last edited by Rocket Man; 02-16-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:26 AM   #1010
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Glen ...

<<I'll take both, if you would be so kind. It's always nice to have options. So far as I can tell, Sunae mopped the floor with these demons,>> He points to the demon at his feet. <<and this one surrendered. Two more are stuck in the door, and there was a godawful noise on every plane outside just now. I don't know where the leader went, she was gone when the darkness cleared. Some of our allies are gone too, and I don't know where they are either.>>
<<Update much appreciated>> Nisroc answers, and Glen's mind hears a kind of voice that makes it clear both who it's coming from and that he's sincere. <<But the Song of Stone, I'd be doing it on you and I need to know how to adjust the volume--do you want to be lightly hardened and still agile, or practically a statue and nigh-invulnerable? Or something in between?>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Glen ...
<<The hell he says. I don't know about you guys, but I'm staying on this side of the ward.>>
Ryuki snickers in his head. <<Until they figure out how to go around it, dork!>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Kane ... seemingly a laid-back unconcerned cowboy who just happens to have half his face burned off.

"All right. So we got a break in the action. No big deal," he says pleasantly. "You're not throwin' punches, I'm not throwin' flameboys. We're all bein' nice and reasonable, OK? I don't especially feel like huggin' your smilin' self, but hey, folks can disagree, right?"

He spreads his hands. "So, since we're all bein' reasonable ... take a look on the ground. Here and back by the side of the house. That's what happened with just two of us. Sure, you marked me up a bit, but I've seen worse."

"Thing is, what's gonna happen if you gotta face more than just me an' him? Or if things get ugly again? If you're smart, you'll give up now." His eye sees Sunae and her blade. " 'Cause I can guarantee, there's some folks 'round who ain't gonna be this nice. Not at all."

As he talks, he silently and calmly updates Nisroc on the situation, blessing David in the back of his mind for the gifts he's given.
<<That's why we call them 'gifts'>> Nisroc quips, then goes quiet so Kane can concentrate on the task at hand.

"And bravo, truly." 'Uncle Josh' doesn't seem particularly sarcastic when he says this. "But two professionals against a random pack of conscripts, I'm not terrifically surprised. Ruby really must learn better how to marshal her forces. Say, you haven't seen her have you? Around here maybe? She has some things to answer for." He checks his watch, mindful of the duration of the Song and what could happen when it lets go.

"But you're right--let's be reasonable. All her little minions--geas-bound I'm sure, that would explain the low desertion rate--would get sent back to Hell and it would just be you and me. And call me cocky, but I don't think that goes the way you think that goes. Look at us here, now. I could get in my car and just drive away. Then you'd have an awful mess to clean up, but if we cooperate...the neighborhood goes back to peace and we all win, you see?"

His words slither into your psyche (((Argument of Casuistry attunement, pg 23 Heaven and Hell. Before I go drawing any cards, consider whether this argument would be persuasive on its own.))
------------------
"I know that voice," Ruby says gravely to Mitch and Zahirah. "Much as I'd like to slip out the back, if even one of the kiddies talks he'll come after me, twice as ticked off for having to chase me. Put on your big boy pants, you two. We're about to meet a demon of The Game."
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 02-18-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: there has to *be* an argument. English teacher fail
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
in nomine

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.