Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 08-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
Gamer234

Default Kneepads of Allure

Even though the Kneepads of Allure say that another player of higher level can't refuse to help you, does that help need to be enough to beat the monster in question?

Or can someone use the kneepads to drag someone else into a combat in order to kill them?
Gamer234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
breakfast2588

Default Re: Kneepads of Allure

The Kneepads force them to help you regardless of level, combat strength, gender, race, class, or anything else. The only thing that would stop them from helping you would be a card that specifically says they can't help you.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:13 PM   #3
Munchkiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer234 View Post
Even though the Kneepads of Allure say that another player of higher level can't refuse to help you, does that help need to be enough to beat the monster in question?

Or can someone use the kneepads to drag someone else into a combat in order to kill them?
You can definitely drag someone into the combat when the bad stuff would be dreadful for that player but not for you. Or if you're dragged by the wearer of the Kneepads into combat you can sabotage the combat by enhancing the monster and throwing Curses to the player who forced you to fight. Heck, I even back-stabbed myself during a combat in order to lose the fight when it wasn't my choice to fight, the possibilities are many and usually the results are hilarious.
Munchkiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:30 PM   #4
Kirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkiny View Post
Heck, I even back-stabbed myself during a combat in order to lose the fight when it wasn't my choice to fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
Q. Can a Thief backstab himself?
A. No. It would be very munchkinly, but the card specifically says "another player."
Although you could just have easily back-stabbed the other player in the combat.
Kirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:04 AM   #5
MunchkinMan

I'm not entirely sure that Munchkiny meant actually using the Thief's backstab ability in this case, but thanks for pointing out that a Thief can't actually backstab himself.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:49 PM   #6
Munchkiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
I'm not entirely sure that Munchkiny meant actually using the Thief's backstab ability in this case, but thanks for pointing out that a Thief can't actually backstab himself.
Yes, my bad, should have pointed that out or used another term, sorry.
Munchkiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:24 AM   #7
whassumattuh

This evening, I used Kneepads of Allure to help me win a combat. I know that he can play one-shot items to prevent us from defeating the monster. In this instance, he was a Wizard and attempted to discard his whole hand to use his Charm ability to banish the monster so that I would not gain a level. He has no means to bargain when he is compelled to fight, so I would get all of the treasure, but is he allowed to banish a monster if we are already able to beat the monster?
whassumattuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:33 AM   #8
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whassumattuh View Post
This evening, I used Kneepads of Allure to help me win a combat. I know that he can play one-shot items to prevent us from defeating the monster. In this instance, he was a Wizard and attempted to discard his whole hand to use his Charm ability to banish the monster so that I would not gain a level. He has no means to bargain when he is compelled to fight, so I would get all of the treasure, but is he allowed to banish a monster if we are already able to beat the monster?
Hmmm. I'm not sure he has nothing to bargain with. . . Normally, no, he can't expect any treasure, but he can surely say: "Hey, you're only going to get Treasure at the end of this combat, no Level(s). If you want the Level(s), you can trade me some stuff for free after this combat."
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #9
whassumattuh

So, because the Wizard is now in the combat, he may use his charm ability to banish the monster. That is definitely a tool he could use to weasel some treasure out of the deal. Thank you very much.
whassumattuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:58 PM   #10
Net Troll

Hi All,
So i just started playing the game (best game ever!!) and still learning the rules. Last night I played "Kneepads of Allure" illegally, i.e. I made a player help me defeat a monster, even though he was not of higher lever than I (we were both at level 9). The player who helped me did no realize that I used the card illegally until AFTER we drew the treasures and saw what the treasures are (he had a special card allowing him to collect treasures). After the helper saw what the treasures are, he read the Kneepads of allure card again and determined that I have used the card illegally. Hence, he demanded that we should reverse the turn by allowing him to place the treasures back to the pile and make me fight the monster again WITHOUT his help. He also said that I should still play the Kneepads of allure card (hence wasting it since I am level 9) even though I cannot legally play it. Is this allowed? I would assume that he should have had catched that the card was illegal at the time it was played and not allowing me to use it then, not making me revise my turn and wasting my card.
Net Troll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
helping, kneepads of allure