Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 02-03-2006, 02:26 AM   #1
charles_leong

Default Cheat! and -asers

Hi,

Cheat!: You may have and use any one item that would otherwise be against the rules....

Therefore:

1. Can I "Cheat!" an entire -aser array so that i have 2 spare hands for weapons?

2. If yes, can I add to a "Cheat!"-ed -aser array?

Thanks.
charles_leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:03 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Cheat! and -asers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheat! card
You may have and use any one item that would otherwise be against the rules....
Notice the word "item."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Munchkin Rules
Laser Weapons
Laser weapons include any item with a name ending, more or less, in “aser.” Each laser weapon is a 2-handed weapon, but any and all laser barrels can be snapped together to create a single 2-handed weapon with the power of both. For instance, a Laser (+2) and a Dazer (+3) combine to create a Laser-Dazer (+5). Add another Laser and it’s a Laser-Laser-Dazer (+7). And it’s still just a 2-handed weapon.

However, the combined weapon can be broken down a piece at a time if necessary, and counts as one Item for each card making it up.You cannot Annihilate or Antimatter the whole weapon . . . just one card!

All laser weapons are considered “fire” weapons.
The rules here tell you that each -aser adds to a "weapon," but that each Item is still individual. You can't Cheat! the entire array. However, remember that normally, you can only use one Complex Item, so if you happen to have 2 Complex -aser components, you can Cheat! one of them so that you can have both.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:12 PM   #3
CptNaismith

But it is still A 2 handed weapon, so if you are cheating it because you don't have the hands, and add to it according to the rules it is still A 2 handed weapon. So wouldn't the cheat still work for it? Or would the rule regarding swapping cheated items come into play since it is then a different 2 handed weapon?
CptNaismith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:21 PM   #4
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

The word "Item" is defined in the rules. The entire array is a single weapon comprising several distinct Items. Cheat! can only help with one of the individual Items.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:03 PM   #5
CptNaismith

So, you can cheat any one part of it, but once it is an array any part of that array is uncheatable? No matter the hands required, the multi item definition of the weapon makes it uncheatable in that form? I want to make sure I have this nailed down, because I KNOW there is going to be arguments at the next game.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:56 PM   #6
DoomedDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptNaismith View Post
So, you can cheat any one part of it, but once it is an array any part of that array is uncheatable? No matter the hands required, the multi item definition of the weapon makes it uncheatable in that form? I want to make sure I have this nailed down, because I KNOW there is going to be arguments at the next game.
No. One Item can be cheated per cheat card that you have, regardless of if it is combined with other "-asers" or not. You might want to do this if you come across two of the Complex "-asers" as you can only use one Complex Item at a time without a Cheat card.
DoomedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:33 PM   #7
CptNaismith

Ok. I've got it now. Thanks for muddling through that one with me.