Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-28-2014, 07:59 AM   #11
T.K.

Default Re: Regeneration requiring meditation

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
it just means that the talent/hour and talent/12hr vertion are not good deal with special recharge but as and adational kicker on normal... However

the talent/min and talent/sec are extent deals as the give by 60*talent/hour and 3600*talent/hour.
Both of which as finish what your done meditated and your pack and ready to go again.
I understand your point, but I believe that would create a weird interaction with Recover Energy (it if exists in the setting, otherwise I get back to my point why pay/gain points to something that everyone uses equally).

You could with as much as 1pt have Energy Recover at nh 20, which would net 30ER/hour, for comparison.
T.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:02 AM   #12
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.K. View Post
Do you truly believe that's correct?
It's an issue with having a "doesn't regenerate" Limitation and an "actually does regenerate" Advantage, yeah. This is one of the reasons I had the minimum level on my version be Fast - ER Regeneration below this level is going to run into the problem that Special Recharge is no longer "worth" it. When you compare normal ER at [3]/level and 6 ER/hour passively to ER at [0.9]/level + [10] and 60 ER/hour while meditating with your eyes closed, there really are advantages and disadvantages to each option.

Also, for roguebfl's case, a more fair comparison is probably Slow Recharge ER at [2.4]/level and 1 ER per hour against the [1]/level + [5] (at least Sessile should probably be included if you have to stay perfectly still, and Blindness if eyes must be closed), where the latter costs less if you have ER 4 or higher.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:58 AM   #13
Arith Winterfell

For clarification, in case I was unclear earlier, I was meaning that for my campaign at least, this regeneration replaces spells like Recover Energy.
Arith Winterfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:03 AM   #14
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Also, for roguebfl's case, a more fair comparison is probably Slow Recharge ER at [2.4]/level and 1 ER per hour against the [1]/level + [5] (at least Sessile should probably be included if you have to stay perfectly still, and Blindness if eyes must be closed), where the latter costs less if you have ER 4 or higher.
all the Version it Depends on how many levels of ER you have.

Also remember ANY level of ER less then 10 is considered marginal for abilities with ER only. Compared to Fatigue.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fatigue, magic spells, meditation, regeneration