Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 06-21-2014, 11:38 PM   #1
dberwald

Default Nuclear Power Plant of the Dead

I searched the forums and couldn't find an answer to this specific question. In the Munchkin Zombies game there is a dungeon card called "Nuclear Power Plant of the Dead" where the card reads that while you are in this dungeon all zombies count as Atomic Zombies. My questions about this dungeon are as follows:

1. Now does that mean if you have a mojo card down, say the Voodoo Zombie, that means you are no longer a Voodoo Zombie and you are just the Atomic Zombie or would you be both of them.

2. If you are just the Atomic Zombie can you put a double mojo card down while in this dungeon so you can have all the advantages and none of the disadvantages of the Atomic Zombie?

3. If you can put down the double mojo card would you lose it when you leave the dungeon since you don't have a mojo card in play.
dberwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:06 AM   #2
Bampop

Default Re: Nuclear Power Plant of the Dead

You would count as Atomic and any other Mojos you legally had in play. You would not be able to play Double Mojo because that card references you having Mojo cards in play. In the case of the dungeon, there's not a Mojo card in play, you just "count" as Atomic. I hope that makes sense.
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com
Bampop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:48 PM   #3
MattBjork

I was involved with the game in question, and have frequently taken issue with the phrasing of the cards in Munchkin. What confuses me in this particular example is this: If the dungeon plainly says that "all zombies count as Atomic zombies," how can there be any other type of zombies in play? And if there can be, then the writer of this dungeon card has a much different definition of the word "all" from that found in the average dictionary. In fact, it would mean quite the opposite, since apparently ONLY atomic zombies would count as atomic zombies, given that all other zombies would continue to count as their own kind. I hope someone can clear up this confusion without violating the rules of logic.
MattBjork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #4
DoomedDuck

All zombies count as Atomic doesn't mean they no longer count as what they already are. If it meant only Atomic it would say that all zombies count as "only Atomic" and "nothing else" or something of that sort.
DoomedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:59 AM   #5
Devin Lewis
Munchkin Associate Dev

While in this dungeon, you count as an Atomic zombie along with any other Mojo you may have.