Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 12-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
ninjasith

Default Magnificent Hat

Honestly, I don't like the hat as it makes someone very nearly untouchable without a thief in play, and then the thief is untouchable AND it gives combat bonuses. Which means there essentially is no downside to having it (unlike the kneepads which say you can't win with them, and they don't give a combat bonus. I love to be a complete jerk toward the end and prevent people from winning in fun little ways. but the hat prevents this, and prevents any bad things from happening to that player at all and makes the game much less fun for the rest of the players, while the player who has it is on cloud 9.

I am wondering if it truly does reflect the headgear curse, as it seems like that curse should be a special curse, the only one that would take effect on the hat (since this after all is a game of exceptions to rules). And what way is there to get rid of the headgear, aside from someone dying, the thief stealing it, and maybe a monster that takes your headgear??
ninjasith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Brf

Default Re: Magnificent Hat

All the Magnificent hat does is prevent curses. There are plenty of other "bad things" that can be done to another player besides curses.

As for your reference to the Kneepads of Allure... You can still win when you have them, you just cannot force another player to help you win, using the Kneepads.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
ninjasith

yes, i knew that about the kneepads.

and but..but...curses are so fun! especially just as someone is winning. :(
ninjasith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
Enzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjasith View Post
And what way is there to get rid of the headgear, aside from someone dying, the thief stealing it, and maybe a monster that takes your headgear??
Those things work; or, the card Annihilation (from Munchkin 2) can be used to remove it from the game completely.
Enzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #5
Snail Shell

My personal fave way to remove the Magnificent Hat is to wait for a monster that has remove Headgear as its Bad Stuff (Fowl Fiend, for one), wander it in on a battle and have EVERYONE gang up to force that person to lose.

Failing that, if you're so against the card, you could always remove it from the deck.

SS

-John Linnell
Snail Shell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lose your headgear, magnificent hat