Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 05-26-2019, 10:43 AM   #1
zilkoski

Default Product Availability

Hello all,

I'm planning to come back to Munchkin after having gotten rid of my collection a number of years back (I know, I know...) and, having read Andrew's post about SJG no longer keeping the whole Munchkin line in print "just because", I have a question about a few items in the line:

- Munchkin Holiday Surprise as well as Munchkin Game Changers are listed as "Out of Stock" at Warehouse 23 (in contrast to the numerous products listed as "Out of Print"). Does that mean that there is a reprint planned in a more or less distant future for them?

- Seeing how there now is a bigger Munchkin Monster Box, I suppose the two Munchkin Boxes of Holding sets are a thing of the past, never to return?

- Am I right to infer that Munchkin Christmas Lite would be of use to the owner of the Munchkin Core Set (as it would include new cards and cards with alternate art)? Would Munchkin Lite be the same?
[I know, this has nothing to do with availability... Just thought I'd take advantage of being there to ask anyway... ;-) ]

Thanks for your answers!

Last edited by zilkoski; 05-26-2019 at 10:55 AM.
zilkoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:00 PM   #2
Nobunga

Default Re: Product Availability

Munchkin Lite and Munchkin Christmas Lite are stand-alone games, both of which are comprised of re-drawn monsters and cards from the original Munchkin game. Munchkin Christmas Lite also includes a smattering of new Santa Monsters, Christmas-themed treasure plus Naughty and Nice cards.
Nobunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:53 PM   #3
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

The Lite games are also smaller (112-115 cards) and intended for no more than four players.

Munchkin Lite is purely a stripped-down version of Munchkin; there would be no reason to mix it with the full Munchkin game.

Munchkin Christmas Lite has some new cards and some redrawn cards from Munchkin. It's certainly valid to mix the new cards into a full Munchkin set, but I wouldn't shuffle all of Christmas Lite into one.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:18 AM   #4
zilkoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
The Lite games are also smaller (112-115 cards) and intended for no more than four players.

Munchkin Lite is purely a stripped-down version of Munchkin; there would be no reason to mix it with the full Munchkin game.

Munchkin Christmas Lite has some new cards and some redrawn cards from Munchkin. It's certainly valid to mix the new cards into a full Munchkin set, but I wouldn't shuffle all of Christmas Lite into one.
Thanks for your answers, Nobunga and Andrew.

Looks like I'll get Christmas Lite, then, for the new cards, and I can see myself replacing the original cards from Munchkin with their holiday-theme equivalents when playing around Christmas...

No answers to my availability questions, though? Please? Pretty please?

;o)
zilkoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:42 AM   #5
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Game Changers shouldn't be out of stock; there are plenty in our main warehouse. I'll check with the W23 staff.

Holiday Surprise is gone, at least for now. I don't think we have a reprint planned for 2019. Beyond that, it's too early for me to guess.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote