Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-01-2014, 03:29 PM   #51
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [IC] Lost in Dreams (Stephen)

Justin leans in the mud and rain and watches and listens to the people. He picks up a few basic words and terms, though he may have a few of them wrong. Its a little difficult as he doesn't get any feedback if terms mean what he thinks they do, but hopefully its good enough.

After a while, he feels himself getting hungry.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #52
Justin_Bedard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Justin leans in the mud and rain and watches and listens to the people. He picks up a few basic words and terms, though he may have a few of them wrong. Its a little difficult as he doesn't get any feedback if terms mean what he thinks they do, but hopefully its good enough.

After a while, he feels himself getting hungry.
(Haha... wrong name there...)
Scaramoosh! I'm just a poor boy from a poor family... Easy come, easy go!
Stephen starts heading back to the village center, looking for any semblance of food or edible water...
Justin_Bedard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:43 PM   #53
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

There is nothing like plumbing, but there do seem to be rain barrels that people use. He certainly sees the locals drink out of them. Whether they are sanitary or not is another issue

He doesn't see restaurants, inns, or other places to eat, or at least he doesn't recognize them. There is a good deal of unharvested but ready rice in the fields. There are also some vegetable gardens, though the plants are unfamiliar. As always, there is no indication of seasonality of these crops. Some are ripe, and some are just growing.

He does see some people carrying food when he is in the town, but as he goes to the village he sees less and less of them.

(Please note I am using town for the area with the market and stone circles, and village for the buildings where he stole the clothes and the dwellings seem to be. It also may not be wise to return to the exact village center where he stole clothing)

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 05-07-2014, 05:21 PM   #54
Justin_Bedard

(Really regretting not taking Intuition... Ah screw it, enough mulling!)

Stephen decides to... follow the direction of the people entering the town with food... If he sees any of the residents eating any of the plantlife, he'll take note on anything special they might do.

(God, All I see when I think of Stephen is FF1's heroes... just a blank face... Can't wrap myself around him... It's like having permenant Low Empathy with No sense of humor with this language barrier... {blugh})
Old 05-09-2014, 02:35 PM   #55
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Much of the food is going to the stone blocks, but Stephen makes it to the market square, where lots of food is being bought and sold. None of it is being eaten. The coins have holes in the center, much like yen, but are quite large.

He does notice on his way in that some of the villagers harvesting the grain are chewing on it. Chewing raw rice does not sound terribly appetizing or filling... but it beats nothing at all.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:31 PM   #56
Justin_Bedard

(I tried writing something up every day this week... totally stumped 'till I forced myself to write something...)

Stephen makes his way to one of the rice farms, making sure to stay out of sight along the way and in the field. Trusting the local diet, he begins to harvest and test the food.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:22 PM   #57
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The food is good. Its a lot of work, especially for the small amount of food he gets, but he's able to eat raw rice seeds. Chewing them takes a lot of work and grates his teeth, but its food. No one seems to pay too much attention to him.

Tags
lost in dreams