Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #41
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [IC] Lost in Dreams [Paedrig ]

Carpenter: A morgue. Unless I sense another recruit.

Emily: Its a hard life in london if you don't got money! When I'm not trying to support the family I'm doing chores at the house. I tell you so and you go and call me Sarky!

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #42
Dar_Kwan

To Carpenter: OK so how many bodies are we picking up at the next morgue? And is there nothing you can tell me about the whole process of creating a walker?

To Alice: Aye, that you did followed by here Paedrig imitates Emily's voiec (probably very badly) "What, did you think I made spoons because I was bored" Returning to his natural voice his anger still showing through of course I didn't think that... I just wanted to know what you did when you weren't making spoons because I'm not a mind reader, and I like to know a little bit about people I might be working with...
Dar_Kwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #43
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Emily: hmph. ( she refuses to speak more on the subject. )

Carpenter: well, you need a few things. First, you need an ambulator. That's the real bottleneck. You aren't one yet. That will take a ceremony. Don't worry about the ceremony. It's what we do, not What you do. Then you need a corpse, and its not too difficult after that. I mean, I found learning it much easier than guns. And its really hard to teach without the ceremony.

No idea how much each morgue has. The idea isn't really corpses. Any one can pick up those. The real cargo is you guys.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 12-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #44
Dar_Kwan

Feeling more than a little annoyed, Paedrig moves to the back of the wagon and stares off into space for a while trying to collect his thoughts and make sense of the situation that he finds himself in...
Old 12-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #45
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Emily seems to stop giving him the cold shoulder after a couple more stops. Carpenter doesn't seem to notice his silence anymore than the corpses in the back. Two more initiates are "notified". The wagon fills up with bodies, only a fraction of the dead of the massive city.

They roll into a dingy station to drop off their grisly load. Everyone gives carpenter a wide berth, but at the same time he has everyone's attention. Though the sign proclaims this as the 5th London office of the ambulators, they don't seem to see ambulators much. Emily and Peadrig get similar treatment.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #46
Dar_Kwan

Noticing that Emily seems to be open to conversation again Paedrig swallows his pride and moves over to speak to her again Hey Emily, listen I'm sorry I snapped at you back then, think this whole situation has rattled me more than I thought...

Just then the wagon rattles into the station and Paedrig's attempt and reconciliation is cut short as they start to unload the bodies...
Afterwards noticing the wide berth that people are giving them all he asks Master Carpenter Excuse me sir, but I can understand the general populous being "scared" of us, but if this is the Ambulator's office, why is everyone avoiding us like the plague??
Old 01-04-2014, 01:40 PM   #47
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Emily: what? Aren't you proud of being able to do so much for the war? Or are you some sort of pacifist? We'll live through this and be well off at the end too.

Carpenter: they want to make a good impression, mostly. Ambulators enter with the rank of captain. I could wreck havoc on any of their lives by mentioning anything good or bad about their performance.

Carpenter shows you your rooms, which remind strongly of dormitories, complete with desks and books. Male and female are separated. The accomodations are quite nice, considering this is a war.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:11 PM   #48
Dar_Kwan

To Emily: Heck no, nothing like that; I'm fully up for what ever we'll be doing for the war. Looking forward to learning I know you think I'm a nutter, but the first I knew of this world was when I woke up with Master Carpenter standing over me... so what I'm saying is I'm still trying to process all the information so please excuse my reaction earlier...

To Carpenter: We start as captain?? That's pretty hectic

When Carpenter shows them the rooms Paedrig immediately examines the books to see what they contain, then looks around the rest of the room to see if there is anything else of use
Old 01-07-2014, 07:56 AM   #49
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The books seem to be of three kinds: military regulation books, books on how ambulators do their work, and books on coping with being an ambulator: some seem social in nature, others religious.

There are materials for writing (diagramming actually, it seems to be part of the process) a pair of bunks, a lamp, and little else. Carpenter drops you into the care of a stiff old sergeant (who really shouldn't Be in the army at this point) who goes about showing you the place, aquiring uniforms, and giving orders to appear at a nearby feild the next day.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:25 AM   #50
Dar_Kwan

After being shown around the barracks Paedrig has a shower, goes to get something to eat and then spends the rest of the evening paging through the books reading anything that catches his fancy before hitting the sack

The next morning he reports for duty at the specified field...

Tags
lost in dreams