Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #11
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams [Mellisa]

The sword seems to be made for piercing armor when swung, and taking advantage of the creature's native strength.

At sunrise, the brute doesn't turn to stone. It is, however, distracted by some loud, rude, and boisterous singing. Something about a troll looks a lot like a side of bacon. It doesn't make much sense, but it sure gets the creature riled up. It stands up and heads slightly towards the sound of the singing.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #12
MatthewVilter

Bacon? English! Huh...

Oh yes! Go on big guy, don't let me keep you...

I sit very quietly and still, hoping not to remind him that I am here.

If he looks at me I will point to him, indicate moving away and coming back, and then point to myself and point to the tree.

If he moves a long way off without paying much attention to me I will try to quietly climb down and head off in the opposite direction.
MatthewVilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #13
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

He certainly doesn't want to leave Mellisa, but he really wants to chase the singing voice as well. The large head swings back and forth, and it leaves the tree to follow the voice, but not far.

The singer throws a couple of rocks towards the creature, and Tereza hears a hiss from the opposite direction.

"Get ready to run! move! quickly!"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #14
MatthewVilter

I stand up/out (or however you want to think about that for someone in a tree) and ready myself as instructed.

Okay this is it!

If Red seems distracted I will start to climb down to tree. I will climb down all the way if encouraged and run when and where directed (or in lieu of direction, towards the voice telling me to move).
Old 09-07-2013, 01:50 AM   #15
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Mellisa lowers herself down, and the voice hisses for her to keep moving every time she stops. The red giant seems torn between her and the singer, but she makes it all the way down, and on a particularly loud roar, she jumps down.

a figure in a green cloak flashes out out where she was directing Mellisa and runs away from the river, gesturing for Mellisa to follow.

Mellisa isn't out of shape, but the green figure easily out paces her. The monster turns and sees Mellisa after a short sprint, and begins chasing her. The thing is quite fast, especially considering its weight...

It gives up after a short chase, and Mellisa finds herself at the edge of the woods, looking on a sleepy village of hovels (mud and straw roofs, one room only) with the sun just coming up. The associated farm doesn't seem to be around. Instead, people (dressed in rags) are loading digging tools into wheel barrows.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:48 AM   #16
MatthewVilter

I look over my shoulder to make sure that Big Red is not following me and then crouch down at the tree line, looking at the village.

Miners? Poor miners with hand tools. This is so surreal...well no point in dwelling on it.

Maybe they have enough of those rags to share. Maybe once they head off to work I can nip in and get dressed before introducing myself. Which is better, stealing clothes or wandering into town naked? I guess it depends on the culture. Doesn't matter, Green Cloak knows I'm here and will probably turn up any minute - damn she was fast...

I am going to make sure I am hidden and then wait for a bit.

I will be (with no particular discipline):
Trying see if any of the villagers have spotted me.
Looking out for Big Red and Green Cloak.
Looking to see if there is a good approach to the village I could use for sneaking into one of the hovels.
Trying to see which (if any) of the villagers are staying behind (ie women and children) and which are heading off with the tools (ie men).
Old 09-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #17
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The village is... well, there are only about 50 hovels. Its harder to get a grasp on the number of people. It seems that most of them are moving towards their destination, not just the men. Those staying behind are either obviously pregnant, bent over with age (though that doesn't mean they're terribly old, Mellisa reminds herself), or have some other obvious impairment.

The villiages personal goods seem to be as shoddy as anything that ever ungraced the middle ages, but their tools are metal, and appear to be a good solid metal at that. The handles, in contrast, could use some work. She can't see a smithy where the tools would have been made though.

At the rate everyone is leaving, Mellisa will soon be able to walk into the village unnoticed, but then two figures in green cloaks come up behind her.

"So what exactly happened to your clothes?"

Its a man and a woman, both with gentle light skin and red hair. The man looks quite disheveled, as much as Mellisa can get a look at him, as he shies away, quite embarrassed.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #18
MatthewVilter

"I...I don't know."

I make sure my hair is falling over my chest and then hold my hands in front of my crotch. Better than nothing.

"Do you hav- Um...thank you for saving me! Do you have any clothes I can borrow? Please?"

If they keep asking about my arrival I will explain that I don't know how I got here or were my things are but I must be far from home because this place is very unfamiliar. Even if that guy did look like something out of Dragon Age, and you do speak english.

Also, if this exchange goes on for more then a few seconds I'm going to sidestep to try and put the woman between me and the man.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #19
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The woman Looks around for a bit, then looks at Mellisa, before taking off the green cloak and putting it around her.

"We'll need to get you something better though, and soon." She looks towards the village "you look... different than the villagers here. What brings you here? and why did you climb a tree when attacked by a troll?"

Old 09-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #20
MatthewVilter

"Thank you!" Even more better than nothing...

"I don't know how I got here and I don't really know anything about trolls, I thought he would be faster than me if I tried to run. Is it going to be a problem that I look different?"

Tags
lost in dreams