Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 12-27-2019, 10:15 AM   #11
sgtcallistan

Default Re: If you were to select a theme song for your current campaign, what would it be?

For our Celt - Viking campaign 'Halfallaan', we chose 'Promontory' by Jerry Goldsmith (IIRC) from the soundtrack to 'The Last of the Mohicans'.

For my 'St. Martin's School for Gifted Youth' Supers game I also used 'Heroes' by David Bowie.
sgtcallistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 10:01 PM   #12
Agemegos

Default Re: If you were to select a theme song for your current campaign, what would it be?

I'd rather it were not, but the theme tune for my current campaign "The Man on the Stair" turns out to be Monty Norman's James Bond theme.

Decay is inherent in all composite things.
Nod head. Get treat.
Agemegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:48 AM   #13
Onkl

I'm running "The End", Mercenaries discover the multi-verse during the Apocalypse. I use the Main Title from "Where Eagles Dare" by Roy Goodwin.
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:46 PM   #14
Fred Brackin

The current camapign is Desert of desolation for AD&D2 so the them has to be of a similar vintage. I choose America's "I've Been Through The Desert On A Horse With No Name.".

My character actually has a magical horse that has no name (unless it's "Horse!") but we've mostly been riding camels.

As of last session we could have segued into "Midnight At The Oasis" but I fear it might turn into Ray Steven's "Ahab the Arab" and that's politically incorrect these days. We have (so far) managed not to offend our host. That might chnge if he ever sees us not fighting with the magical scimitars he has gifted us with but no one has proficinecy with.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:13 PM   #15
Icelander

Well, I just started a Call of Chtullu game set in 1926 where our characters set out from Boston to the small village of Blackwater Creek for reasons not unrelated to Prohibition and the commercial circumvention thereof.

I'm a mere player, not the Keeper, and thus not qualified to speculate on overall theme, but so far my character, Eileen 'Scarlet' O'Rourke, lace-curtain Irish recent graduate of Radcliffe College and spoilt socialite seduced by underworld chic, has best been defined by the rollicking Oh! By Jingo!

She's spent most of her time since the start of play downing coctails from a shaker she brought from the speakeasy she started from, attempting to elevate the level of discourse among the several hoodlums and unsociable attorney with whom she is travelling and trying to get someone to find a victrola so she can dance.

When her shaker ran dry, it was the cause for brief alarm, especially as the one-horse-town* of Blackwater Creek did not possess so much as a single establishment that served a warm breakfast, but some coffee from the gas station/general store, with the addition of 'a little Irish sparkle'**, saved her from an emerging hangover.

Scarlet was designed to avoid any temptation I might feel toward optimizing a character build for effectiveness at abilities dictated by metagame prediction and other than a cute button nose, winsome smile and mischievous air about her, she doesn't really have much that qualifies her as an Investigator of horrific Mythos things. Which, as she has no plans to pursue such a career, is probably fair. Her skills, such as they are, mostly have to do with being able to get gentlemen callers to perform small favors out of the kindness of their hearts.

*When she found out exactly how small and shabby the village was, Scarlet remarked that the poor wee horse must have died recently. Lo and behold, the first person we meet turns out to be a veterinarian from Dunwich, returning home after being called in to put down a sick horse.
**Bootleg whiskey from a fortunate store discovered in a silver flask, secreted away the night before.

Last edited by Icelander; 01-26-2020 at 07:44 PM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 05:44 PM   #16
Agemegos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
I'm a mere player, not the Keeper, and thus not qualified to speculate on overall theme, but so far my character, Eileen 'Scarlet' O'Rourke, a lace-curtain Irish recent graduate of Radcliffe College and spoilt socialite seduced by underworld chic , has best been defined by the rollicking Oh! By Jingo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnCNJD3-e7g

Quote:
She's spent most of her time since the start of play downing cocktails from a shaker she brought from the speakeasy she started from
On of my most prized possessions is a silver-plated cocktail-shaker that my Aunt Audrey gave me for by 21st birthday. She bought it on a trip to New York in 1931.

Decay is inherent in all composite things.
Nod head. Get treat.
Agemegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:42 PM   #17
Shostak

Not my current game, but Jupiter's Child, as detailed here, was a literal theme song for a GURPS horror game.
Shostak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 02:41 PM   #18
Phantasm

To be fair, though, for Shadowguard the closing credits were always "Never Split the Party"

(and since it's the MLP:FIM clip, always remember: Friendship is Magic, and Magic is HERESY!)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:53 PM   #19
Donny Brook

Campaign: IOU graduates go gritty with Monster Hunting in Lovecraft Country.

Theme song: "Today" by Smashing Pumpkins
Donny Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 04:54 AM   #20
Anders

I wonder what kind of campaign you would play to this tune:

Combine Harvester

Edit: Halfling country bumpkins?

Tags
music