Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Forum Feedback and Help

Old 12-31-2020, 06:33 AM   #1
Pomphis

Default Problem with Edge?

I usually use Edge around here. It remembers the forums. Since maybe 2 or 3 days ago the remembered link does no longer go here, instead I am offerend to search with Bing for this URL. Bing finds it and I use the search result to go here.

Did anything change with the URL? Does Edge try to bring searches to Bing?
Pomphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 10:47 AM   #2
Parody

Default Re: Problem with Edge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomphis View Post
I usually use Edge around here. It remembers the forums. Since maybe 2 or 3 days ago the remembered link does no longer go here, instead I am offerend to search with Bing for this URL. Bing finds it and I use the search result to go here.
I'm not sure what you're doing here; it sounds like you're typing something that isn't a URL into the address bar?

Quote:
Did anything change with the URL?
The URL for the forum is http://forums.sjgames.com/ . (You can also use https://forums.sjgames.com/ but your browser might complain about it.) They haven't changed in years.

You might want to make one of the above a Favorite by pressing Ctrl-D or clicking the star+ icon at the end of the address bar while on that page. It'll show up in the suggestions when you type and will be in the list under the star= icon just to the right of the address bar.

Quote:
Does Edge try to bring searches to Bing?
Edge's default search engine is Bing, yes. You can change this in the settings if you want.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-31-2020, 07:38 PM   #3
adm

Given that both Edge and Bing are owned by Microsoft, it makes sense that Edge's default search engine is Bing
Old 01-01-2021, 07:12 AM   #4
Pomphis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
I'm not sure what you're doing here; it sounds like you're typing something that isn't a URL into the address bar?

The URL for the forum is http://forums.sjgames.com/ . (You can also use https://forums.sjgames.com/ but your browser might complain about it.) They haven't changed in years.

You might want to make one of the above a Favorite by pressing Ctrl-D or clicking the star+ icon at the end of the address bar while on that page. It'll show up in the suggestions when you type and will be in the list under the star= icon just to the right of the address bar.

Edge's default search engine is Bing, yes. You can change this in the settings if you want.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, itīs not a problem anyway, just something I wanted to mention. The forums are in my favorite list, but Edge also remembers a couple of often visited pages on itīs start page, so I used to start Edge, the forums were one of the sites offered right away, I clicked and came here. And then after clicking I was told that the site couldnīt be found, but was offered to search for it.

I use several browsers and search machines for different areas of interest.
Pomphis is offline   Reply With Quote