Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 01-29-2023, 12:13 PM   #11
David Johansen

Default Re: DF Anecdote

Honestly? I think he was just scared. I don't know, evaluate has its uses but taking a step and swinging is often better.
David Johansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 07:01 PM   #12
David Johansen

Default Re: DF Anecdote

Well, they went back for round 3 last night.

They'd picked up a fighter with scale mail and a bastard sword.

He was aggressive and up front and offered to kill the other heroes for money. The dragon said "sure" and kicked some his way then flamed him when he stooped to pick it up. He dodged and the fight was on as the fighter charged in to strike at the dragon's neck. The rest of the party followed in, with the insect warrior going left and the priest going right. The catgirl scout stayed back and aimed. The dragon knocked the fighter away with a wing buffet and missed the insect warrior with a bite and then flamed the fighter, hitting him full on this time. The priest healed that, the fighter went for the neck, the cat girl put an arrow in the dragon's eye. Inspired, the insect man put out the other eye. The dragon continued fighting, thrashing around wildly but the fighter finally hacked through its neck.

We had two new players show up and make characters while this was going on but they then tried to pick a fight with the other PCs over the treasure. But, thankfully, it was time for me to go home.

I guess I should have used the bigger dragon.
David Johansen is offline   Reply With Quote