Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 06-15-2016, 06:52 AM   #1191
Anders

Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Nigel Farage and Sir Bob Geldof in flotilla clash on the Thames.

Just too bad it wasn't "talk like a pirate day".
Old 06-16-2016, 10:24 AM   #1192
Dr. Beckenstein

The robots are coming. Closer and closer.

http://www.cnet.com/news/robot-escap...iddle-of-road/
Dr. Beckenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 12:54 PM   #1193
William

http://imgur.com/gallery/aPoIM

Dude that looks like he has some troll ancestry caught selling meth drinks out of his tree fort and that's not the half of this story. Let me introduce you to one of the grossest, most wrong-for-laughing NPCs you will feature in a game this year.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:16 PM   #1194
Flyndaran
Untagged

More like Popeye's brother that didn't join the navy.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:20 PM   #1195
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
I just got a report from TASS that there's a proposal in RF to pass a law that will allow motorcyclists to pay a smaller vehicle tax in exchange for signing an agreement that makes them organ donors in case of their death. Cyberpunky, eh?
I'm for making organ donations mandatory. Why should you get to kill people just because you want your meat to rot in a box?
But it's probably more as a not too subtle way to warn about the dangers of the "donor-cycle" as if bikers didn't already know. Like how more and more gruesome cigarette packaging gets to let all those three smokers on earth that still don't know that nicotine is bad.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:04 PM   #1196
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
I'm for making organ donations mandatory. Why should you get to kill people just because you want your meat to rot in a box?
But it's probably more as a not too subtle way to warn about the dangers of the "donor-cycle" as if bikers didn't already know. Like how more and more gruesome cigarette packaging gets to let all those three smokers on earth that still don't know that nicotine is bad.
The problem with both making donation mandatory and with arrangements like the proposed one is that it creates a [greater] temptation for corrupt doctors to deliberately fail saving the motorcyclist/citizen if there's a somewhat influential/wealthy person (especially politician) on the waiting list with a compatibility with the victim. That's why I'm saying that this proposed law is implicitly cyberpunky.

Also, I'd rather be careful about the 'killing' equivalence, since that line of thinking has consequences if you bring it to the logical conclusion.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:13 PM   #1197
Anders

Quote:
Also, I'd rather be careful about the 'killing' equivalence, since that line of thinking has consequences if you bring it to the logical conclusion.
Yep. Five people are going to die, but you're in the waiting room, have matching genotypes and five healthy organs...
Old 06-17-2016, 09:30 AM   #1198
tshiggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post

Dude that looks like he has some troll ancestry caught selling meth drinks out of his tree fort and that's not the half of this story. Let me introduce you to one of the grossest, most wrong-for-laughing NPCs you will feature in a game this year.
This guy is awesome!

One of the best parts of newspaper reporting was all the wild crap that appeared in the police blotter. I checked the one in Fort Morgan, every morning, and sometimes my day got off to a pretty surreal start.

You can't make up some of the weird-ass stuff that people actually do, in real life. :)
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:24 PM   #1199
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post

It's a work of internet fiction. An amusing one though.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:30 PM   #1200
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
There is no "logical conclusion". Rotting meat shouldn't have more rights than dying people, in my opinion. But that's WAY off topic for this thread.

Tags
blueberry muffin, fermi paradox