Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2016, 06:38 AM   #22
Celti

Default Re: [Sorcery] Post Your Spells Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
Shouldn't Can Carry Objects be a modifier on Shadow Form, not on the affliction?
I did actually explain exactly that and why I did it in the note just after the point cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celti View Post
Statistics: Affliction (Will; Based on WL, +20%; Cosmic, Can only be dispelled by Remove Curse, +50%; Can Carry Objects, Extra-Heavy, +150%; Disadvantage, Shadow Form, Reflection, Light Insensitive, +20%; Extended Duration, Permanent, +150%; Fixed Duration, +0%; Malediction 2, +150%; Requires reflective surface, -10%; Sorcery, -15%) [62]. Can Carry Objects is applied to Affliction instead of Shadow Form in the interests of fair costs (it arguably should not be cheaper to curse the victim and their equipment instead of just the victim.
Emphasis added.

To explain in somewhat more detail: this is afflicting the disadvantageous version of Shadow Form, which turns Can Carry Objects into a limitation on it, making it cost less — while I feel it should not cost less to take both the victim and their equipment out of the game!
Celti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magic, magic as powers, powers, sorcery