Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-10-2018, 11:07 PM   #1
David Johansen

Default Psuedo Mass

So I think it's no secret that I really hate Super Strength as it is handled in GURPS. It's been pointed out that logic and supers don't really mix well and GURPS is logical, or at least rational or rationalized or something.

So, anyhow I was thinking what if super strength is actually a selective size modifier? Suppose for a moment that Hulk's mass can actually be 100 tonnes at times and only 300 kilos at other times. Now, this extradimensional or gravitic or pure bullonium mass doesn't increase target size, resist knockback or jumping distances but it does increase lifting, damage, and hitpoints.

So, why does it give -80% to the cost of strength? How would you build it or rationalize it? I'm okay with it not being allowed for Strength scores below 20. It's possible that it doesn't interact with non-bullonium matter at scale though that impairs the whole lifting and throwing thing. Ideally, I want to just use high Strength scores without a lot of fuss for the sake of simplicity.
David Johansen is offline   Reply With Quote